Ike decided to show up....for FREE!!

synapse

Oct 3, 2006
New England
Funny story - I was dumping off a bag of searched halves at my credit union, and while the lady was off at the coin sorter, I realized I had never asked if they had any large dollars at that branch, so I was going to ask when she came back - but oddly enough when she came back, she said "you had one of these in your bag, and it won't go through the machine" - and put an Ike dollar down on the counter!!!! How funny is that??!?!? I KNOW that there was no dollar in the coins I gave her. So anyways, I asked her politely if I could have it back, and she gave it "back" to me. So in the end, the credit union just flat out GAVE me a dollar. I know Ikes aren't a big deal at all, but that was my first one since I started doing this a couple months ago, so it was a neat find for the day.

The halves I turned in were from $160 in rolls I had bought earlier in the week - I only found one 40%er in those :( I hope my silver luck starts turning around soon....I've only been getting about 1 per 20 rolls lately...and I've still only found 2 90%ers after almost $2000 in searching.

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like a freebie! It was probably in the sorter from the previous person's returns. Good score either way!

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
I wish you better luck on the 90%. That was pretty cool about the IKE. Certainly not too many peps can say they got something extra from a bank. They usually always get you.

Rev

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
Very good deal on the Ike, keep at it you will find that silver tends to come in waves. And this is a great time of the year tofind it.
Best Regards, Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions