Well I Ordered my First $1000 worth...

J

jblavit

Now let's see how it goes on monday when I get them. I have posted a few time but I guess I should introduce myself as well. I am jblavit or real name Joe. I have actually got $200 before to search but I did not find one keeper. I am hoping to get at least one keeper in this $1000 I ordered. I'll post my results and pics later after I actually get them and they are searched.

Wish Me Luck! :)

Upvote 0

COII Roadrunner

Nov 28, 2006
Im assuming your buying bulk coins. Been thinking of doin the same thing. Would like to hear more, whom, how much and many coins ya get and did u lose or win (break even). Been a coin sniffer for 35 years but never realy got serious about it... Lookin forward ta hearing about it...GL

OP
OP
J

jblavit

I called the bank and my halves are in!! But I still have to find time to go get them :-\
I can't wait to get started searching!

COII Roadrunner

Nov 28, 2006
Well that was fun 17 40%ers and 5 90% in my first 1000 coins. Wife thinks Ive total lost it with all these sitting at my desk tho.

sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luck to you Joe.... ;D ;D ;D Keep us posted....

OP
OP
J

jblavit

Ok, got the halves at the bank and have searched about $100 worth. No silver yet :-\
Here are some pics of the box and the rolls. Also in the pictures of the roll below does anyone else get these kind of rolls?
http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1805203/40355/user_40355/T0_40355_1805203.jpg" alt="Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1805195/40355/user_40355/T0_40355_1805195.jpg" alt="Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1805198/40355/user_40355/T0_40355_1805198.jpg" alt="Image Hosted at ImageHosting.us

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Nahhh the ones I get are usually in focus...
;D
Just kidding.

I get the same type of box, but the wrappers are different.

Good luck on your search, though!
;)

OP
OP
J

jblavit

Finished searching first box and I have found nothing! >:( >:(

OP
OP
J

jblavit

Finished with both boxes and did not find a single silver. Where is the best banks to get halves at? When you order them where do they come from? If I were to order another $1000 at a different bank would they be getting their's from a different source?

OP
OP
J

jblavit

any answers to my questions above? Thanks

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really depends on how their supply system is set up. Many different banks use the same supplier, and other use different ones. I have been getting boxes from the same branch for the last several years. I usually pick up two boxes at a time (they keep a supply in for me), and one time I went thru 6 boxes without a single silver, then the next two boxes had 80. It is sporatic. Don't let this skunk disappoint you too bad, we ALL go thru the skunk times. If it happens with the next batch, hit some of the smaller banks when you happen to drive past them. I hit two banks in a town in Arizona I was driving thru on my way back home from vacation. The first said a fella just bought all their halves a couple of days ago. I went ahead and went to the only other bank in town, thinking they probably had sold thier too if they had any. Turns out they had 20 rolls. I got over 120 40% halves out of those. You never know.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I'm not sure if this holds true across the US but in my area I was told that Savings and Loans and possible credit unions must go through a bank to order and sell their coins. Both my credit union and Washington Mutual send their orders to Union Bank. I have had very little success with coins from them. I have had mixed success from B of A (my 2 best boxes and several near skunks). My most consistant boxes come from #$^^**%# Bank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread