Which halves do YOU find the most?

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clad kind, unfortunately. No seriously to answer the question it's pretty simple. You find more or less or certain years because some years had high mintage numbers and other had low mintage. Areas of the country and mint mark can come into effect but generally not on coins that old.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1967, 1968 come to mind. A whole lot of 40%ers.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A million '67s. Like you, I find more 64s than 65s. Which is fine w/ me! :)

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually average (50) 1897 "S" Barber halves per box.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg Idk i throw back da 40 percentas and only go for 90 percentas.

OP
OP
jr98119

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The clad kind, unfortunately. No seriously to answer the question it's pretty simple. You find more or less or certain years because some years had high mintage numbers and other had low mintage. Areas of the country and mint mark can come into effect but generally not on coins that old.
Yeah, I thought that too, but somehow there isn't too close a correlation.

clarknau

Jul 25, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Sonny01 said:
Ok...I'm new so I get to ask 1 dumb question...per day...so here it is...what is it you prospect for when CRHing if it isn't silver?

I was just kidding when I said this, hence the "JK". I would never trade in a coin for face when it had silver value. I was just implying that 1 million halves it a lot of money on its own.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
while I keep track of all years (silver only), right now my spreadsheet is not set up to easily quantify the dates, since I have them as a post-it note over the cell with the total number of 40%ers or 90%ers. But, I can say that by far 67s are the most common, and 1970 is rarer than bens or walkers (I've found 1). My ben to walker ratio is not as high as yours, maybe 3-4 bens for 1 walker. 65s yep are tough to find, probably followed by 66s in the 40% category

OP
OP
jr98119

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
while I keep track of all years (silver only), right now my spreadsheet is not set up to easily quantify the dates, since I have them as a post-it note over the cell with the total number of 40%ers or 90%ers. But, I can say that by far 67s are the most common, and 1970 is rarer than bens or walkers (I've found 1). My ben to walker ratio is not as high as yours, maybe 3-4 bens for 1 walker. 65s yep are tough to find, probably followed by 66s in the 40% category

Actually, our Bens/Walkers ratios are pretty similar. I am at 5 Bens to 1 Walker. The funny thing is that in over a year of CRHing, I've found all my Walkers within the last 3 weeks. The one I found this weekend had a big hole drilled in the bottom! Why oh why did people do that?

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
40%s are the most common obviously, because much of the general public only knows pre 64 is silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread