Who sells thier finds?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knows how to spell? :tongue3: just joking... I will never sell unless it is absolutely imperative.. I will get much more money for my finds in ten years than I will now..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Who knows how to spell? :tongue3: just joking... I will never sell unless it is absolutely imperative.. I will get much more money for my finds in ten years than I will now..

+1, same here CC.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold my 40%'ers to buy some new furniture. I'm saving all my 90%'s.

I was able to sell $37.50 fv of 40%ers for only 5 cents below melt to someone on CL- a very good opportunity!!!

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everyone says that they will sell their silver when they need money/ in a apcolapse. But we all know the truth, we would never let our silver go :P

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've sold hundreds of 40%, as I consider them "tainted", using the proceeds to buy early US gold. Never have sold 90%.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trade 40% coins for gold. I keep all 90% silver.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I am probably going to sell all my war nickels on eBay. My LCS won't let me trade them with them for silver dimes unless I want them to count them as $1 each. I'll probably sell them on eBay and then use the proceeds to buy some silver dimes.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sell it all.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
I sell none. Wife says I will take it to the grave. I figure it is good to have as backup and if nothing else, I will either cash in when I get retirement age in 30 years or if prices happen to be down then, I will give it to my kids and tell them to cash it in during the next recession/depression when prices typically shoot up.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold one time i had to. I replaced most of it. We should never sell.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I've sold mostly 40s to buy early US gold as well. So far have traded up to:

$20 Saint
$10 Indian
$5 Indian
$2.5 Indian

$5 Liberty

All PCGS or NGC

I want to finish the Liberty set now plus maybe a $3 and $1...

I love old US Gold coins!!!!!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold only once . . . and only 40% to pay for my daughter's wedding. That was 2 years ago. Not sold a single silver since. And, it was such a beautiful wedding! Can't help but brag . . . sorry guys. My next sell will be my Land Rover. Got to have one of those. Smile.
apush bridal.jpg

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now may be excellent time to sell it you want a nice profit. Then take the profit, park it into a stable REIT for a year, get some decent dividends, sell, and finally buy back in when silver drops to $25 in the next year.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold some 40s to increase my bankroll... Part of that will go toward a trip to London/Paris this summer w/ the family. The other 40s I find will go toward my PCGS Morgan dollar set - beginning with a '93 S! Plan to keep all my 90s.

Forkeh

Greenie
Oct 30, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've never sold anything yet, but I might, if I accumulate enough silver. Just the junk though, I'm keeping my nice Mercs, Franky, etc. Just the silver Kennedies and Rosies will go.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold only once . . . and only 40% to pay for my daughter's wedding. That was 2 years ago. Not sold a single silver since. And, it was such a beautiful wedding! Can't help but brag . . . sorry guys. My next sell will be my Land Rover. Got to have one of those. Smile.
apush View attachment 694207

The apple certainly does not fall far from the tree Apush.....:icon_thumleft:.

I do remember your post about turning in some silver to help pay for the dress and wedding.....Happy Halloween

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Terry Soloman said:
I sell it all.

My first year of prospecting and I worked my tail off, any miner knows this... I came up with a half oz, maybe a bit less. I really do not want to sell this gold but I am looking buy a mining claim in the n Yuba, with 2 other partners, and it is pretty expensive.

Hate to sell it, my first nuggets/flakes/fines, but I spent so much $$ this year buying equipment. I can't justify spending another $5k. I almost have to sell my gold. Ughhh. Thoughts?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread