My CRH Halfs Log...

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Tomorrow is my first $500.00 in Halfs, and I am a little excited for it :) Feel like I'm getting a new box of baseball cards!

Anyway, I wanted to keep track of it, and for everyone else who wants the numbers and percentages of what I find, I will keep track of it here. :) If you aren't interested in another log, skip on by. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only difference is that you can find silver in your box of halves then return the rest & get your $ back. No such luck w/ baseball cards! Good luck w/ your first box. Hope it's loaded!

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really great, you should get as many boxes as you can!

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beginners luck! Good for you though, keep it up, and here's to lots of silver in your stash!

OP
OP
M

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Folks :) Appreciate everyone stopping by and saying hello!

Ordered 3 more from same bank today, will arrive Wednesday.

I really need to find a bank that the shipment arrives Monday or Friday and get a few from them also, but I work 4 10hour work days so its not very easy to get around Mon-Thurs. My closest bank to my house has a friendly pro coin roll hunting manager who is very nice, and I asked her today if 3 boxes is too many or a bother? "No not at all :)" Love it...

Any ideas of good types of "tips" to give a friendly manager? I was thinking maybe a 90% a month. Depending on my returns.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Folks :) Appreciate everyone stopping by and saying hello!

Ordered 3 more from same bank today, will arrive Wednesday.

I really need to find a bank that the shipment arrives Monday or Friday and get a few from them also, but I work 4 10hour work days so its not very easy to get around Mon-Thurs. My closest bank to my house has a friendly pro coin roll hunting manager who is very nice, and I asked her today if 3 boxes is too many or a bother? "No not at all :)" Love it...

Any ideas of good types of "tips" to give a friendly manager? I was thinking maybe a 90% a month. Depending on my returns.

Dont give away the silver. That will not end well. Go with cookies and cupcakes, you will be their hero.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Since the teller is pro-CRH, he probably doesn't know about silver. You may cause him to find out, so just stay to food/gift cards.

OP
OP
M

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
No, she knows. As I ordered the first time she said to the other tellers, "Hey, remember what I meant to do today? Order a box of halfs to search!"

lol.

OP
OP
M

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, 3 days till 1500 worth comes in... Meanwhile bought 6 silver eagles and a Red Book. I really like Morgans, so I think i'll be buying a VAM book soon also. Happy hunting everyone.

OP
OP
M

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks SilverChron.

I just got a account with TD bank who is the only bank in the area with a coin counter! Woohoo, this just got easier. No more re rolling!

Silver Chronicles

Nov 3, 2012
Midwest
Detector(s) used
M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kind of have a predicament here with coin counters. My credit union has only one of them and it is where I get the best customer rolled halves. I probably have to get another bank account.

HH Michael

OP
OP
M

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... I was in a predicament myself with my buying bank being the best bank I could dump at ( I didn't however) , until I fixed that as you can see with my previous post. *phew*

So now I have to figure out how I can go thru 6 boxes a week with only 1500 funds :D

Michael, look for a TD bank, I think they all have coin machines..

OP
OP
M

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
And totals of the 3 boxes...

Box 1 11 40% 1 90% (1964)