Lets talk Ikes

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boristhespider88 said:
What is the far left one?

A 1971 with a clean rim, a nice reverse and a terrible obverse.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A 1971 with a clean rim, a nice reverse and a terrible obverse.

Dang, if the front would've been nice, you probably could've sold it for several bucks; I think it was 1971's that brought a premium... something about all of the regular circulated ones all look crappy or something.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Local_coins said:
I should add too, 1 silver Ike has LESS silver than a 90% half dollar.

I'm thinking 1 silver Ike should have the same amount of silver as 2 40% halves.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fromwhat I understand these can't be ordered to check through but has anyone asked? I know the silver ones are fairly rare but still seems worth checking. My tellers never get them so thought ordering if possible might be worth it.

...........good thing you don't post a bunch is short period of time.....that would be painful for us.. Thanks for the original topic bud.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a complete set of Ikes unc. in a folder at a coin auction 10 years ago, just above face. They couldn't get any bids, personally I like the coin.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...........good thing you don't post a bunch is short period of time.....that would be painful for us.. Thanks for the original topic bud.

What does this even mean? Is english your primary language? I'm not sure if you meant for this to be an insult (and failed) or just don't know how to talk.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why do you even bother talking? Your posts never yield any worthwhile contribution to the initial topic. While you may have hours upon hours to rack up your nearly 900 posts in 3 short months, this does not make you a valuable contributor. Please refrain from using the word "us" in reference to yourself and other board members....I have yet to see anyone quite as "special" as you appear to think you are.

I personally think ordering the ikes would be a kool experience. Next time I place an order I will check into it!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this even mean? Is english your primary language? I'm not sure if you meant for this to be an insult (and failed) or just don't know how to talk.
Oh boy, so your trying to clown my iPads auto correct errors?.....your so smart , how can I win....
Why do you even bother talking? Your posts never yield any worthwhile contribution to the initial topic. While you may have hours upon hours to rack up your nearly 900 posts in 3 short months, this does not make you a valuable contributor. Please refrain from using the word "us" in reference to yourself and other board members....I have yet to see anyone quite as "special" as you appear to think you are.

I personally think ordering the ikes would be a kool experience. Next time I place an order I will check into it!

Cool story , Mr. Nobody...

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh boy, so your trying to clown my iPads auto correct errors?.....your so smart , how can I win....

Cool story , Mr. Nobody...

Easy? A word to the wise...

29583358.jpg

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It is scratched up. Not sure how the reverse avoided tha same fate.

Maybe run over by a car, the tires would drag the coin across the ground, scratching up one side, causing some damage on eh other side, and no damage on the edge.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We go from Talking Ike's to bit**ing at each other. I was interested in this thread and now every update is BS. If you want to argue start a new thread and title it appropriately so I don't bother reading it.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We go from Talking Ike's to bit**ing at each other. I was interested in this thread and now every update is BS. If you want to argue start a new thread and title it appropriately so I don't bother reading it.

Now-a-days, that is what the CRH forum is all about. Who can show off the most by belittling the next guy.

When I started with the forum, it had been that way for a while. I've read many, many, old posts and it seems like it wasn't like that before. From my analysis, it started to be predominately that way early this year (Feb/Mar). I couldn't find a concrete reason for it, but it was almost like someone flipped a switch. Speculation is that the surge in PM prices brought the wrong kind of crowd into the hobby. Who knows.

I would have loved to have been a part of the forum in the magnanimous days. It won't ever be like that again. It is so telling that 1 yr ago, there were dozens of active members with over 3yr of seniority. Now, there is a handful at most.

sax player

Apr 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a list of years and what to look for in each year?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions