Almost Walked Away...

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I called a bank that I have picked up a box from before and asked if they had any halves. The gentleman told me, "there are no halves at this location." I went to another nearby branch and picked up a box of dimes, my first ever. I decided to go stop by that other bank and try to get a box of dimes there as well. The guy said they didn't have halves, but I didn't want to get skunked on my first dime hunt. Well, all they had were brand new boxes of dimes and pennies. So, I decided to ask if I could place an order for a box of halves. I asked once before (skunk) and was told they had a very small safe and made it sound like a burden so I didn't ask for another. The girl went back to ask about ordering them and came back to tell me that they had a whole box of halves! Maybe they made another order for me anyway :dontknow: I grabbed that box and went home feeling lucky. Within the first 5 rolls I saw a solid band and knew it was 90%. The first one I have gotten in at least 2 months, a 1964 (4th). Turned out to be a pretty darn good box. My second Walker, 1942 as well as a 1969-D, my 36th 40%. Nice little tri-fecta. I also pulled a 1957-D Rosie from my first ever dime box. I'm back baby! :headbang: HH!

10.31.12.halves.jpg 10.31.12.jpg

Upvote 0

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
Grats, man! Always a nice day when you get silver you didn't even think you'd have a chance to look for, lol :p By the way, don't scoff at those new boxes of dimes - Might be uncirculated 2009s ;)

KenO

May 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites
Luv the walkers......beautiful coin........nice find

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I love the walkers too. Still waiting on my first Ben. Have a Barber half I got from a cash register years ago.

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PS. The 69 was an ender but I didn't get a pic.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS. The 69 was an ender but I didn't get a pic.

If an ender is in the woods and nobody is around to witness it, is it an ender?

Congrats on the nice finds!

OP
OP
toorude89

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only look for liberty bells and walkers as far as enders. Don't look at the dates unless it really looks like silver. What do people average as far as dime results?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread