what a find?..........any ideas on what to do with them.

KenO

May 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites
Stopped by a local bank during lunch and asked if they had any half dollars or old coins. The teller informed me that she had just what i was looking for. She came back with twelve plastic rolls of half dollars. She told me that some man was paid for some work with these and he deposited them. These are all full tubes of 2005S and 2004S. All are mint state have not a scratch or print on them. They are not silver.......any ideas on what a full tube in this condition is worth and any ideas on what to do with them. I am dumb founded on this find. Enjoy the photos! proof1.JPG proof2.JPG proof3.JPG proof4.JPG proof5.JPG

Upvote 0

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
In that shape you should bee able to get a nice profit on Ebay for sure!

Pretty awesome!

OP
OP
KenO

KenO

May 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites
They had 10 more rolls.......think i will go back tomorrow and get the rest.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
They had 10 more rolls.......think i will go back tomorrow and get the rest.

YES! Do that! Hopefully they are rolls of silver proofs! But clad proofs are still a really nice find. The most I ever found was 4 in a CWR, but full rolls of pristine clad proofs, that's amazing!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Absolutely get the rest!!!!! Can't wait to hear if they are silver proofs, if so you will be in the $300-$400 per roll range.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speechless. Never heard of a find like this before! And yes GO BACK AND GET THE REST!

OP
OP
KenO

KenO

May 16, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites
Picked up the other 10 rolls. I know have 22 rolls of 2004S and 2005S clad proofs. Just need to know what im going to do with them all. I will probably take them to local coin show an see if i can trade for silver. I was thinking maybe one roll for one silver eagle. When the lady first pulled them out and showed me all i saw was that they were proofs with a beautiful S. My first thought was that they were all silver till i looked closer. Still was a great adrenalin rush.

Myrick

Sep 21, 2012
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up the other 10 rolls. I know have 22 rolls of 2004S and 2005S clad proofs. Just need to know what im going to do with them all. I will probably take them to local coin show an see if i can trade for silver. I was thinking maybe one roll for one silver eagle. When the lady first pulled them out and showed me all i saw was that they were proofs with a beautiful S. My first thought was that they were all silver till i looked closer. Still was a great adrenalin rush.

I like that plan :)

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a really great and unique find.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread