It sucks to not have a coin counter in your bank

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So because i guess theres so little volume for BoA on coins they dont have a counter at any branches here. So my dumps are rerolled and dropped off. My dump bank has no issue with this although recently one of my dumps was shipped to the infamous bag counters to come up $55 short. As in 5 and a half freaking rolls or more than a coin per short. This is bull, all rolls are counted and sent back straight. However now my dump bank because of this counting "error" they will give temporary credit for it pending count and "correction". We all know how off these counters can be. If I dont find another way my CRHs days are numbered. I could find another bank but only one I found in the area with a counter is Wells Fargo who both uses Brinks and charges 2% for dumps. More reasonable than CS but still $10 a box.

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had no coin counters for 4 years, no bag service. Searched, recounted, and rewrapped almost 1,000,000 coins during that span. If you don't want miscounts, just turn in rolls, it saves a lot of time at the bank

HH
-GC

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Will they let you use their CoinSafe bags...? Most branches here let me use them for a straight exchange for cash ... tried a new branch today. They wanted to send it off to be counted, money available Thursday. Took it to my usual branch, straight exchange. May have to penny bomb them in a fit of rage... lol.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happened to me also. My bag came back 70 short....total bs. They even tried to tell me my solid back of halves contained quarters,dimes, nickels and pennies....... I think they do it on purpose to try and get rid of Crh. Why can the machine count accurately when putting wrapping but it can count accurately when dumping???.?

Oh and re rolling wont help. They make you dump the rolls in the bag to be sent off to be counted.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
iT's not impossible to find a bank that will take your bag directly over the counter and give immediate cash.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TD told me yesterday that if I opened an account and kept a $100 minimum balance, there would be no charge on my account and I could dump in their Penny Arcade for free. I told her I was a coin collector and could be dumping large amounts, and she said no problem.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
TD told me yesterday that if I opened an account and kept a $100 minimum balance, there would be no charge on my account and I could dump in their Penny Arcade for free. I told her I was a coin collector and could be dumping large amounts, and she said no problem.

Keep in mind half dollar bags fill up at $100 for TD.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't want miscounts, just turn in rolls, it saves a lot of time at the bank

Read the above, I did bring half rolls. The teller took them in the past then at some point the crooked coutners they send to (likely the same as in the ones we bag to) miscounted/stole some/etc and decided that I was the cause. I still dont understand how I'm supposed to trust a banks rolls but they cant trust mine when theyre the ones holding my money.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheepdog - I've never had a bank count my rolls except a teller who once opened one up to count the coins (I think she was just checking for silver since she pulled out one coin and looked at it closely). I get immediate credit in my account for the rolls.

How many rolls do you usually drop off at one time? I probably have an irrational fear of being cut off, so I make a lot of small dumps of rolled coins (5 - 10 rolls) spread among several nearby branches of the same dump bank. Some of the dump bank branches have machines that take halves, so I dump anywhere up to $300 per visit to those.

I can't imagine showing up to a branch with a $1000 bag of halves unless I was dumping into a merchant account and had a prior arrangement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions