Any CRHers here work night shift?

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your family doesn't mind I think it's a great idea. You'll get shift diff. (extra $$$) and be free to hit all the banks at your leisure after work. You might even get an opportunity to bust rolls on the job right?

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work from home, so I already search between "cases" during downtime. I'd probably work the 6-3 shift, go to sleep, wake up around 10-11, hit up banks until 5... I don't really have a family, just a Fiancee.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do it!!! The only drawbacks I foresee is less visibility from your bosses which could hurt your promotion chances and the possible impact on your relationship with your fiancee.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do it!!! The only drawbacks I foresee is less visibility from your bosses which could hurt your promotion chances and the possible impact on your relationship with your fiancee.

Separate bosses for night shift, more than likely they'd love me because I'm actually good at my job and know how to communicate professionally, not like most of our lazy night shift people. Talked to my fiancee, she's down... I think I'm gonna do it.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i work roatating nights and days at a steel mill. I work security/medic so i basically sit in a office for 12 hours when on night shift and thats when i do most of my coin roll hunting. It makes the night fly by! The only thing i can say thats good is the banks will be open to you more. If i had a choice i would never work a night shift again. However im a morning person. There is something about going to bed when the world is waking up i do not like. Keep in mind (if you have never done night shift before) It can have a major impact on your life style depending on the person. Eating,sleeping, and mood behavior changes a lot. For me its not so bad because i have 4 nights then 4 days off then 4 days then 4 days off etc etc. But its still hard even with that schedual. Im not trying to make the night shift sound horrible, there are a few plus sides, but dont jump into it thinking its going to be better. I have never met anyone who would loose there day shift for nights. Give it some thought.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
You already know my thoughts on it, hell, I helped you with the idea. I will pm you my address so I can receive my 15% royalties paid in real money, not that green crap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions