TODAYS AUCTION SCORE

keemao

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TODAY'S AUCTION SCORE

Hit an auction, as I am inclined to do when I can, to try to pick up some Morgans, etc. Of course I got all the good Morgans and all of the Peace dollars. Also got a batch of Kennedy halves...they said they were all 40% but when I got home and went through them, 19 40%, 2 1964s!! Surprise!! Opps, I guess nobody paid much attention. Much easier than going through box after box of bank halves for this. So a pretty good day.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice. Auctions scare me to death, last one I bid, got caught up in the frenzy, ended up paying close to $4 ea for about 200 circulated mercs. That was a few years ago.

OP
OP
K

keemao

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you can get caught up in the bidding. I set my limits...$35 for Morgans and Peace unless it's some really good date. And often times idiots bid them up to $45-50 cause they think SILVER!!!! Gotta have it!! Sometimes I will pay $37.50 but that depends. I have my state tax number so I avoid sales tax which many auctions charge you on top of the premium which is usually 10%. As far as the halves, etc, these came in way cheaper than I thought they'd go so I gladly bid $60 for them. It's all a game...hold out until you see how the bidding is going and then jump in at the last moment and try to take them. Today was bidder's choice.....winning bidder gets his pick. Since the first Morgan went for $160 (1894-S maybe VG-F but worn) when I won $35 I took 8 of the best morgans and left the two real worn ones for someone who paid I think $60 each for them. Just drives me nuts when people go hog wild and think they are worth a fortune....just common dates that I resell on Ebay. But the halves are in my stash in my safe now...hehe...where they will stay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions