Found 14K in the coin counter reject tray

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I went to the bank to dump some zincolns and also had some halves with me. I filled the halves bag and they had to change it. While they did that, I peeked in the reject tray, which is interior to the machine. It had a half in it, so I mentioned it was probably mine, then asked if I could have it back.

He dumped the entire reject tray into my empty penny box. It had the half, some foriegn coins ( mostly canadian), a beat up penny, a bent quarter, and a ring. A man's wedding ring, with an inscription inside and the words "14K". I checked, and yes it is 14 carat gold. Not plated or anything like that.

I've checked to see if anyone reported it missing, and even checked the local paper. Nothing. I have not revealed the inscription in case someone claims it. They need to know what it says before i shall give it over. But, I have a solid and weighty 14K gold wedding ring in my CRH finds bag now.

No pic, as I still don't have a camera that will attach to the computer, but a great find even without the pic. my FIRST gold EVER in CRH.

:-)

Upvote 0

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I found gold CRHing that way too last weekend, a rather thin wedding band, also stamped 14K, no name or anything though... Gave it to the tellers at the bank to try to track down the rightful owner since they'd have more connections than I do in that town. No pics of course because it was only in my possession for about 3 minutes. Made sure to let them know it was valuable since chances are it would have gone to the trash otherwise since I'm pretty sure none of them saw/would see the 14K mark on it.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it has a unique inscription, you could ask the bank to post a picture of it on/near the coin counter and on/near the teller line. If someone claims that it is theirs, you could confirm it through the inscription.
Or, you could sell if for melt @ $100-$125.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My initials are 14k, weird huh?

How heavy is your gold find? Thick, or dainty?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread