How long between visits to your local or not so local branch?

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am heading out in a little while to drop off a box or so of halves at a bank that I found with a coin counter. I will be going by a number of different bank branch needless to say. Many of them have actually provided some decent finds from the tellers trays in the not two distant past, two weeks to a month I would guess.

Knowing
1) That I am not the only person looking for silver halves in the area
2) At any time while the bank is open someone could deposit 1, 2 or even 100 silver halves
3) While possible on any given day most likely no one will deposit 1, 2 or even 100 silver halves

How often would you think, would be reasonable amount of time between visits to a branch looking for halves?

Keep in mind these would be bank branches in many instances that you do not have an account at

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call around asking for halves about every 2 weeks maybe. If it was my own branch, maybe weekly or try to make friends w/ the tellers & some will call YOU when the silver comes in.

As for dumping, I don't go to the same branch more than every 6-8 wks.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in most banks multiple times each week and I will ask for halves almost every time. You never know...

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as much As I can per week Mabey more than once a day!

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one dump bank that only allows 200 dollars without charging that doesn't take halves and another branch of a different bank that doesn't have a limit that I haven't tried to dump halves at. I have a terrible time getting halves in my area. they aren't used all that much either way. One time I got 8 rolls of halves and found 3 40% and that's it. Because of my dump limit, I normally check the banks every week or every other week, depends on my schedule or if my mom needs to go to the doctor's. I am thinking aobut taking a day off and driving around to check the other 6 banks in my town, but then again, for me who lives out in the boonies, (about 14 miles out of town one way) that is a lot of gas useage for a scouting trip. I wish other CRHers weren't so paranoid about spilling the beans of their spots. I have no problem telling others about my spots. It's not like I will be able to get all the silver, might as well help someone else get what I can't get.

See ya laters, got to get ready for work,
Hugs and Silver for everyone,
GarouLady

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit most of my banks up at least every other week. With my newfound extra time during the day, I'm gonna try to expand my turf and hit 'em all weekly.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
GarouLady said:
I have one dump bank that only allows 200 dollars without charging that doesn't take halves and another branch of a different bank that doesn't have a limit that I haven't tried to dump halves at. I have a terrible time getting halves in my area. they aren't used all that much either way. One time I got 8 rolls of halves and found 3 40% and that's it. Because of my dump limit, I normally check the banks every week or every other week, depends on my schedule or if my mom needs to go to the doctor's. I am thinking aobut taking a day off and driving around to check the other 6 banks in my town, but then again, for me who lives out in the boonies, (about 14 miles out of town one way) that is a lot of gas useage for a scouting trip. I wish other CRHers weren't so paranoid about spilling the beans of their spots. I have no problem telling others about my spots. It's not like I will be able to get all the silver, might as well help someone else get what I can't get.

See ya laters, got to get ready for work,
Hugs and Silver for everyone,
GarouLady

Why tell everyone where the branches that produce are? How long do you think they will continue to produce if you tell everyone? Doesn't make sense. You seem caring and generous, but CRH'ing is a selfish and solo hobby that produces financial gain, retirement benefits, and emergency reserves.

I think you need to hit the pavement and quit begging for crh'ing buddies or teams because it isn't going to happen. Also, I have used literally thousands of dollars in gas and countless hours of time to develop and system that produces. There is no easy way to go about it, it requires lots of effort, planning, and leg work and that us why the turnover rate for crh'ers is so high. I know people and short and rude with you here and that is not my intention, I am just being honest.

Since you don't have the gas money to visit each bank, why don't you look up their number and call them to see what they have? I call most of my pickup branches and have only been turned down on orders a couple of times. I believe your strategy is weak. You need to be polite with them, but also firm. I don't believe you have the experience on how to get the banks to work FOR you, but you need to act like you do with the wording that you use. You need to make them believe that you already know they are going to order for you, don't give them the opportunity not to. Take control of the situation and make them aware that you are the customer and you are in charge all whilst being polite and courteous.

Feel free to pm me if you need more specifics. I do not typically share my exact strategies because I am a selfish crh'er, but I may make an exception because your methodology needs serious help. I will have to consider it though knowing that anything I tell you will be passed on to countless noobs. I have put in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears and I will be danged if I will allow my strategies to be shared in one single conversation with a bunch of noobs, tellers, or other non-crh'ers.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it to yourself then BlackOut. there are just some people that don't understand keeping it to themselves. they will insist on telling everyone that they can get to lsiten to them. Even if it pisses everyone else in the hobby off.

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
Wilmingtonsilver said:
Keep it to yourself then BlackOut. there are just some people that don't understand keeping it to themselves. they will insist on telling everyone that they can get to lsiten to them. Even if it pisses everyone else in the hobby off.

Agreed, there was a teller today who was already keen on silver so I carried a conversation with her regarding the subject. I didn't just offer up info openly, she already knew the drill. She orders boxes for me so I didn't mind chatting it up. Loose lips sink ships and CRH'ing is taking on water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread