Cashing in my finds (hear me out first!)

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have really been very tempted to trade in some of my coin roll hunting finds for gold lately, and today I did just that. I traded 7 rolls of 40%ers ($70 face), and 4 rolls of 90% FDR dimes ($20 face) for this beauty:
14241_Slab.jpeg
And then I bought this one with some savings:
7229_Obv.jpeg

Before you tear me a new one, I was just diversifying a little bit. This was only a fraction of my stash, and it was always my intent to trade in my 40%ers for gold once I got there (not so much with the 90% dimes, but still...). I love pre-1933 US gold coins, and these are two of my favorites. I am a believer that silver is due to perform well in the coming years, and outperform gold in many ways, but I like to have my eggs in a few baskets... I feel like this is a safer move. Anyway, this is one of my CRH goals and I did it! Feel free to look back and laugh at my investment if silver skyrockets; I'll still have plenty :thumbsup: Happy Hunting guys!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins!

I did some repair work for an older fellow on my street after Hurricane Sandy blew through. I charged the guy $200 to completely mend his torn down fence, put in new poles with new concrete, fix his gutters and siding, and cut up a tree that had fallen in his backyard.

After I was done he invited me in for a late lunch that his wife had made. I noticed a loupe sitting on his desk and I asked if he was a jeweler. He said no, but that he used to own a coin shop in the 90's but is retired.

I told him that I collected coins, and he asked if I'd be interested in receiving a coin as payment instead of cash. I didn't need the cash, but I was going to use it to get back into CRH. So I said sure, I'd be interested, but I'd have to look at it first.

He came back with a 1/10 ounce gold Krugerrand. I gladly accepted it, as I've been meaning to get some more gold.

Made a new friend as well.

I love stories like this. I would gladly work somewhere that paid in gold. Its nice to see so many other gold fans on here too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread