Coins not guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not anti-gun or anything, but I don't think we need to go around showing off and talking about our guns here without there being a good link to CRHing. I've seen a few articles today, and not quite sure why the guns are trending today... I get the connection between guns and silver, trust me, but can't we just... talk about how many 90%er and 40%ers we've found? Although, if you find a gun in a box of coins or a reject tray, please do post about that. This is all. Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weasel, generally speaking, when you have people who are interested in finding precious metals for cheap (As most here are... few are interested in coins, most are in it for the silver) guns will go hand in hand.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weasel, generally speaking, when you have people who are interested in finding precious metals for cheap (As most here are... few are interested in coins, most are in it for the silver) guns will go hand in hand.

Weird, I don't see a firearms section anywhere on T-Net... :-P

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Grab ur guns 'n silver!

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
my 2 cents.

Having PM's in house and no way to defend your property is not an intelligent decision. The police are always minutes away when seconds matter. The police force is rarely there to stop any crimes therefore if you cannot defend yourself or your property you will only ever be a victim.

As for the government confiscating gold, its done it before, why couldnt it try to do it again? History will repeat itself because the American people as a whole are getting dumber and giving up more rights. Why wouldnt they be dumb enough to give up their PM's without a fight as well?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your freedom and firearms go hand in hand, like it or not. Liberty teeth, as they say.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am not anti-gun or anything, but I don't think we need to go around showing off and talking about our guns here without there being a good link to CRHing. I've seen a few articles today, and not quite sure why the guns are trending today... I get the connection between guns and silver, trust me, but can't we just... talk about how many 90%er and 40%ers we've found? Although, if you find a gun in a box of coins or a reject tray, please do post about that. This is all. Happy Hunting!
The way I look at it....rather than you trying to control what others post, it might be better just to ignore the posts you don't care for....that way everybody an do what they want. I see posts every day I'm not impressed with, but it isn't up to me to decide what gets posted...I just pass them by...I'm happy, and so is the poster...as it should be.
Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, last time I looked this was the Coin Roll Hunting forum, lets keep the threads in this forum on topic......

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Gentlemen, last time I looked this was the Coin Roll Hunting forum, lets keep the threads in this forum on topic......

I for one carry when I CRH. I think guns and personal/property protection goes with the hobby. When I am rolling around town with $2500 or more on me, it would be quite stupid not to carry. More importantly when I am on the same schedual week after week, I would be quite easy to rob otherwise, the tellers set their clocks by my arrival since I have such a small CRH window each week. 11am to 11:30am M-Thursday, 11am-11:30am and 2:30pm to 4:30pm on Fridays and 11:-11:30am on Saturdays.

Just my opinion.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I for one carry when I CRH. I think guns and personal/property protection goes with the hobby. When I am rolling around town with $2500 or more on me, it would be quite stupid not to carry. More importantly when I am on the same schedual week after week, I would be quite easy to rob otherwise, the tellers set their clocks by my arrival since I have such a small CRH window each week. 11am to 11:30am M-Thursday, 11am-11:30am and 2:30pm to 4:30pm on Fridays and 11:-11:30am on Saturdays.

Just my opinion.

I can't. I'm 13 and I live in the PRM (People's Republic of Maryland).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shouldn't there be a firearms section? Otherwise, these posts end up in a forum like this.

Members post by the rules and keep the threads and replies on topic they want "end up in a forum like this".

Just my opinion.

Nothing wrong with commenting about carrying while CRH or in carrying, but there is no reason to post a bunch of pictures of weapons and or ammo in the forum....

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't. I'm 13 and I live in the PRM (People's Republic of Maryland).

Had I still lived in the communist state of Kalifornia I would not be able to carry as well but I live in Missouri. One 8 hour course, $160 for federal background check and license and I can carry concealed. Not sure why I needed a 8 hour course, I filled out the test in the first 20 minutes I was there lol. Common sense answers for common sense situations.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I look at it....rather than you trying to control what others post, it might be better just to ignore the posts you don't care for....that way everybody an do what they want. I see posts every day I'm not impressed with, but it isn't up to me to decide what gets posted...I just pass them by...I'm happy, and so is the poster...as it should be.
Jim

Problem is we have rules about keeping threads on topic and going off on a tangent on guns violates the rules...... Forum is on CRH, not on guns.......... Nothing wrong with saying you carry, but do not need all the photos on weapons or ammo posted.....

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Problem is we have rules about keeping threads on topic and going off on a tangent on guns violates the rules...... Forum is on CRH, not on guns.......... Nothing wrong with saying you carry, but do not need all the photos on weapons or ammo posted.....

In a way, talking about it is a good thing. Too many people have the misconception that the police are here to protect you and keep you safe, that is a total fallicy. The police respond to crimes, they dont intercept crime in progress except on very rare occations. The sooner people understand that and start to grasp it, the better off the community is as a whole. People need to stop relying on others and start relying on themselves again, that is one of the problems with the US at the moment. Talking about those situations could better help the communtiy understand its need on self relyance.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forum is for CRH and nothing else, as I said nothing is wrong with posting you carry while hunting, but threads here will not be hijacked to guns, ammo or weapons topics............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread