Question about ordering..

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I've wanted to do that. But most people here don't dump where they pick up. I normally dump in town at a bank branch that has unlimited access to account holders and then on my way home I stop at a smaller branch of the same bank and pick up my orders from there. Neat thing, this little branch orders on tuesday and gets their delivery on thursday. So I have to wait only 2 days for a couple of boxes of nickels. But its totally up to you and what bank/credit union network you have for CRHing.

Good luck!
Garoulady

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I order 2 boxes of halves, can I buy one at a time or do you have to buy them both at the same stop..I ask this because I want to check the first box..dump it and then use the same money to buy the second box. Is this possible? thanks.

That is up the bank. I am sure you can but it my piss them off. I am guessing you are going to take the coins to another bank and then come back to get the other box. At the end of the day so to speak you have picked up the coins you ordered but you are making the process a little more complicated for the bank. There patients may not last as long under your process as opposed to picking up both boxes. If you do not have funds for both try ordering a box on Monday and one on Wednesday. Many banks get more than one delivery a week that gives you time to check the box and dump it and pickup one the in a day or so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah i'm not going to dump at the pickup branch...pick up the first box 500 then if its a skunk bring it to my dump branch get the 500 back and then the next day go to the ordering branch to pick up..rinse and repeat...

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah i'm not going to dump at the pickup branch...pick up the first box 500 then if its a skunk bring it to my dump branch get the 500 back and then the next day go to the ordering branch to pick up..rinse and repeat...

You could also put orders at different branches of the same bank. I do this to keep the number of boxes at anyone bank branch to a minimum. Most of them do not mind if I pick them up on say Wed or even Thur for a box that was delivered Tues. This way you pickup a box on the way to the next branch you dump the coins and pick up the next box at the next branch

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a brilliant add on idea KFS, thanks alot! The plan should work now lol!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a box at a time on a regular basis.
HH
enamel7

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol yeah a box a week is vitaL!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When my bankroll was smaller, I used to order 12 boxes & pick up 4 at a time. They were cool with it, because I killed them w/ kindness. That's the key. Buy them some shiz. Bring the chocolate & cookies. They'll get you whatever you want.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can order 12 boxes at the same bank, thats badass..How long does it take you to get that in your car lol

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Homies, when I walked out of the bank the other day with two boxes of halves there was this guy just sitting in the parking lot, he looked at me like I just robbed the place. 12 boxes from one bank, I'd pull up around back, and have them load it, so I ain't a target.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha so true 50, so true..."im gonna have to borrow the bank guard right quick.." You are right about peoples looks when you get boxes, they kind of give you that look like HOLY CRAP WHAT IS HE DOING, HE CANT DO THAT! What really is happening is there mouse-wheel mentality minds are being blown..they are stuck in the matrix.

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I order 8 boxes per week at 4 different branches using the same 500 bucks. I asked if I could pick up one box at a time. Everyone is very cool with it. I said getting robbed for 500 bucks would be lame, but getting robbed for 1,000 would be worse... almost twice as a bad!
One vault teller told me, "no problem, those boxes are heavy, I understand..." I just went with it... guess I should get to the gym more often!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions