H

HavokSouls

Dec 1, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So some banks will order without having to be a member? If so which branches have you had the most luck with

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go in and ask. Many banks will not do it if you do not have an account but you can try.

Most of the time your best bank for this would be large banks but you still may have trouble.

Act like you belong there, let them assume you have an account.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking to order a box of halves next week but I do not believe td bank does that is there a way to order a box without being a member of a bank?

I highly doubt you will find a bank that will order you halves without an account.. I know it has happened before with other members on here, but the odds are beyond extremely thin and even if they do, you will probably be cut off very quickly.. You have to look at it from their point of view, Why should they provide you with boxes which creates more work for the bank and its employees when you are giving them absolutely nothing in return?

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialCravings said:
I highly doubt you will find a bank that will order you halves without an account.. I know it has happened before with other members on here, but the odds are beyond extremely thin and even if they do, you will probably be cut off very quickly.. You have to look at it from their point of view, Why should they provide you with boxes which creates more work for the bank and its employees when you are giving them absolutely nothing in return?

I have bought halves from bofa without an account. I have actually opened on now because I felt bad and they have a low cost account with just ATM and online access.

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask.
I order bags of $1,000 from 2 banks without being a member. They never ask and I never volunteer.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just go visit random banks and see what happens. Worst case scenario you get a punch in the face :icon_thumright:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golden bank and Silverville FCU order for non-customers, sometimes Banco de Arizona does too.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
Always assume they can order them for you.instead of asking "can you order me a few boxes", try asking " I need you to order a few boxes of halves".

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I've had great luck with larger banks like Wells Fargo. I just "ease into it".

Ask for halves a few times, and often if they like you they will bring it up. I have had several ask if I want them to order boxes for me. I act dumb, and it's no big deal even without an account.

Just my experience.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. Banks are not going to order boxes for you if you do not have an account. You might as well just give it up before you get too disappointed. Sorry, it's a tough hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread