OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, and this morning a TD bank teller told me that their machine may reject coins "depending on the year". I should have asked her for any coins people have turned in because the machine wouldn't take them, but they are probably mixed in with all the other quarters, dimes, etc. that the tellers have, or they were sniped.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a really nice '63 Washington Quarter sitting by itself in the reject tray today. My very first quarter in the wild!

:dontknow: It's hard to say. I've seen silver coins in the bags on the machine & also seen them in the reject tray/tube. I think they normally are supposed to reject the silver coins but it depends on the amount of the coins going thru the machine at the time which may cause them to be accepted. I don't know if the age/model of the machine makes any difference. Congrats on the quarter by the way. Hope you will find more in the near future.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said it before, I'll say it again... the older machines reject the silver, the newer machines do not. Straight from not only experience, but my good friend, who is an assistant manager at a TD bank and has worked there for nearly 8 years now.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some machines do and some don't. Totally depends how the technician from DeLaRue calibrate the machine. In one branch the machine only rejects silver dime. I got a lot of my silver dimes from this branch.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do and don't.. All depends on the coin

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
IF you intend to dump without searching, with the illusion you are going to get silver spit back out: might as well order your coins right at the TD bank, open them up right in the lobby, then dump them in the TD coin counter, redeem your coin, and order again. Repeat on delivery dates.

I don't know about TD, but silver does get coughed out occasionally, but if you keep trying to put it in, it will take it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread