Saved the day

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at Dallas terminal yesterday my company gave me my new CRH machine new 2013 rig, had time to hit 2 banks after moving all my crap from one truck to the other, picked up 2.50 from the first for a nice 67 and 3.00 from the second for a skunk. Was going to do some looking today on my way to Florida but got detained for awhile! I stopped to shower and get breakfast at the Louisiana state line while merging back onto the highway I see an old lady and what appeared to be her daughter and grandchild standing on the shoulder, I think that's odd then I see their truck about 75 yards in front of them with smoke pouring out of it,I pull over as fast as I can, get my fire extinguisher out and run back flames are now pouring from all the vents on the drivers side and from under the dash I manage to get it put out,the old lady was so thankful she said you saved it!! I said don't really think so, oh yes you did my purse with all my pictures and money didn't burn and the other things that I can't replace. Got a big thank you a hug from a very nice old lady kinda made my day, but ended my half hunting. Oh well better luck Monday in Florida.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice SS! That would have made my day too! Great job....Nice to see there are still nice people in this world!

HH

Big Fat

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a good story there SS, karhma will shine on you for sure, as for Florida, we took all the good boxes allready, lol. Just kidding, drive safe and good luck when you visit here! HH, Maverick.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not anner, but honorable mention

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know you just did this to score some final points with Santa.. You sly dog you..

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job, but be careful with engine fires, I stopped to help once and got a lung full of toxic smoke....not a good experience.

OP
OP
silvershooter

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good story there SS, karhma will shine on you for sure, as for Florida, we took all the good boxes allready, lol. Just kidding, drive safe and good luck when you visit here! HH, Maverick.

No worries maverick I don't usually buy boxes, just loose and cwr better odds. LOL ;)

Hopper39

Oct 1, 2011
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this is exactly why everyone should carry a fire extinguisher in their car. Nice work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread