Score 3!!!

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week has been skunktacular. Nothing is hitting; not dimes, not nickels, and not halfs. However, the bank that I hit up last week has produced for me again! This morning I woke a little early, ran to a bakery and picked up a box of kolaches. I then got to the bank a little after they opened.

My teller friend was working as expected and even the manager remembered me. They were extra happy to see the kolaches. And guess what? They had spent the week saving coins for me! The picture below is the good items. A 1903 half, a 1959 Ben, two 64s, a couple 67s, and another gold nugget. This time I took the nugget straight to a gold place and had them test it. It weighed in at 2.06 grams and tested at 22k. He said the only way to test it at 24k would be to send it off. There were also some random Canadian and Mexican coins. All in all it was another awesome score! FYI: tellers seriously love kolaches. Now I gotta found some boxes that have some silver!

Score 3.JPG

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold nugget? Seriously? How the heck does a gold nugget end up in a bank? Are they panning for you on the weekends? That's friggin awesome!

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold nugget? Seriously? How the heck does a gold nugget end up in a bank? Are they panning for you on the weekends? That's friggin awesome!

Your average person doesnt understand the true value of gold. Do you really expect someone to think that tiny little piece of gold is worth over $100?

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also curious, how the hell does a gold nugget end up at a bank? Lucky you!

Last edited:

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Barber, much better condition then the few I have found. And free gold, you can't beat that!
Nice score.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the Ben! Everyone always hates on .50 Benjamin, like its the uggliest coin in the world. For god's sake, at least it looks better than a JFK.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the Ben! Everyone always hates on .50 Benjamin, like its the uggliest coin in the world. For god's sake, at least it looks better than a JFK.

theyre both pretty dope if you ask me.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
50cent said:

Very much agree... Although Walkers gotta be my favorite.

OP
OP
C

Catcake

Oct 19, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally agree, why in the world would any teller in their right mind hand over these coins and tiny bits of gold? I never would. It seriously makes no sense. Then again, the coin machine I believe these items came from is the conveyor belt type. My best guess is old folks from the the retirement community in Georgetown simply dump their jars or cigar boxes in the machine, and the rest is history. It still doesn't explain why the tellers would save it, or why they would give it to me. It's like they say, you can lead a gift horse to water but don't look him in the mouth if he won't drink.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Join Date "Dec 2012"
Total Posts 32

Please read the rules before you make such a statement.

I'm actually going to stand up for the guy. He didn't say who or what seemed shady - could have been referring to the bank. I don't see a rule violation here...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread