what to do, what to do...

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I picked up two boxes of halves the other day and now I've got a dilema. Each box appears to be all the same year. I checked the enders and the ones with a date all show the same date. The first box only shows 2000 (I could probably see about 40 dates). The other is all 1996s in the box. What do you guys think about posting these on ebay? I don't expect to get rich, but do you think somoene would want to go through these looking for high grade coins or errors? I haven't unrolled the brinks wraps on them. I know I can post to see what happens, but photographing coins has been very difficult for me, so I'd like to get your thoughts, before spending hours for mediocre photos.
Thanks all!

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hokie, I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm not sure to tell you the truth. I'm sure someone will have a good opinion on it though. Good luck, Maverick.

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going to waste a weeks worth of time posting them on ebay... AND incur all types of fees, hassles, etc. Go through them, see what you find and dump them for two more boxes.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Post them on eBay as "unsearched rolls" with possible silver to be found and make a bajillion dollars off gullible people. :laughing7:

Just kidding. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

OP
OP
hokiemojo

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i know that this is not going to have silver and I'm not trying to dupe anyone. Just wondering if this would be of interest to a collector. Some of these coins are in very nice shape. In fact, they look brand new. Most have a bag mark but just from looking briefly at the ends, I think some don't even have that. i don't know. maybe I will jsut dump them. If I do, I probably won't even search them. I'd just like to see them go to a good home. lol. how often do you get a shot at coins that have been untouched for their enitre 15 years of existence?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i know that this is not going to have silver and I'm not trying to dupe anyone. Just wondering if this would be of interest to a collector. Some of these coins are in very nice shape. In fact, they look brand new. Most have a bag mark but just from looking briefly at the ends, I think some don't even have that. i don't know. maybe I will jsut dump them. If I do, I probably won't even search them. I'd just like to see them go to a good home. lol. how often do you get a shot at coins that have been untouched for their enitre 15 years of existence?

You could probably turn a profit on them on eBay (maybe CL, but I doubt it, just depends on where you live). I sold an unc. roll of 1994-D halves for about $15 on eBay.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could probably turn a profit on them on eBay (maybe CL, but I doubt it, just depends on where you live). I sold an unc. roll of 1994-D halves for about $15 on eBay.

was this roll from the mint, or just a machine wrapped strings and sons roll?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
indeed - a roll of BU halfs

Top Member Reactions