Question about counter rejecting silver. Does anyone know which do which dont reject

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question about counter rejecting silver. Does anyone know which do which don't reject

I have read about folks here buy bags from banks and making some really good finds but I also read that the machines reject silver. So appearently, some of the machines reject silver some do not or do some reject silver dimes and quarters but not silver halves? I have found silver dimes in a CDS machine. Some were in really nice shape so the only reason, I can see that they was rejected was because it was silver.

So are there certain manufactures that reject silver coins and some that do not?
If this is the case, which machines do not reject silver coins?
Do some machines reject silver coins other than halves?
I actually do not remember hearing about anyone buy a bag of dimes but if a machine rejected silver, why not right

I have considered asking to buy a bag of coins from a bank but never have for the simple reason, that if this machine rejects silver who wants to look through a bag of 2000 loose halves, that really has no chance of containing any silver.
I do pretty good on CWR of dimes, I might buy dimes but no way do I want what 5000 (or what ever a bag would contain) loose dimes that again has no real chance of containing anything

Last edited:
Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read about folks here buy bags from banks and making some really good finds but I also read that the machines reject silver. So appearently, some of the machines reject silver some do not or do some reject silver dimes and quarters but not silver halves? I have found silver dimes in a CDS machine. Some were in really nice shape so the only reason, I can see that they was rejected was because it was silver.

So are there certain manufactures that reject silver coins and some that do not?
If this is the case, which machines do not reject silver coins?
Do some machines reject silver coins other than halves?
I actually do not remember hearing about anyone buy a bag of dimes but if a machine rejected silver, why not right

I have considered asking to buy a bag of coins from a bank but never have for the simple reason, that if this machine rejects silver who wants to look through a bag of 2000 loose halves, that really has no chance of containing any silver.
I do pretty good on CWR of dimes, I might buy dimes but no way do I want what 5000 (or what ever a bag would contain) loose dimes that again has no real chance of containing anything

I don't know one way or the other what to do, but the only advice I could give you would be to do it and try. The only thing you risk is wasting a little time.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They use a higher speed Cummins machine at some of my banks.

I only do halfs, and it rejects a lot of good ones, and i have gotten a silver that I neglected in there. So cummins does not cull silver, from my observation

OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you mean if the machine accepted silver?

Actually it does not matter. If I know which machines reject silver coins, those would be the ones to avoid buying bags from and I then know which to buy from through the process of elimination. I will grant you if there are 20 different machines and I can only learn about one then yes know one of the 20 that accepts silver is better bit of knowledge.

From what little I have learned from this post it looks like Cummins may be the machines to look for

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Coinstar counters reject silver, even down to war nickels. But you would have to get giftcards in order to not pay the ungodly fee they charge. I have found a lot of silver in the coinstar at my workplace, especially at night when there are less people around to check it. I don't know about other places but we get a lot more coin return at night and now with the holidays everyone is scrapping together money to get by.

Hope this helps,
Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread