cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to post here a lot also. Now I am mostly on the Garage Sale forum. Since garage sales and bank operating hours are the same time (bacically 8 till noon on saturdays) I chose yard sailing. It is much more financially rewarding.

Well today at lunch I went to a different branch of my bank chain to get yard sale money for next saturday. After the teller (who is also the manager) finished counting out all the $1's and $10's I uncontrollably asked if she had any halves or big dollars. She didn't understand what I was talking about. I started to explain the kennedy half and then she rememberd that, but then tried the IKE dollar and just got a blank stare. She then picked up 3 gold Sac dollars. This wasn't some young female either.

The teller next to her broke in and said they don't get many coins in that bank. He knew what I was talking about.

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Dan, the same thing happened to me today, someone interupted and said "we don't have any in the back!", it scares me that people like this are allowed to operate banks.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some bank tellers love to give me silver

some bank tellers are Butt heads.

I combine CRHing with garage sales, and other craigslist stuff for maximum silver potential! actually, I need to get rid of a lot of the junk I have bought.

I scored a morgan, 4 silver quarters ( 1 a 62 proof, and one a 32 P in au) for 40 bones...not the best deal, but I'll take it.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I garage sale a lot as well, but always let CRH take over my time for the sheer fact that I'm more versed in the quest. Garage sale-ing takes way more knowledge than CRH, I am working my way up

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the competition is more in your face at the g-sales

Although, their are some really nice folks who frequent the listings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread