Best and worst service in the same day

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright everyone, I had some time to kill today, and went to a few banks/credit unions. 3 total. One, bank, the people their were very kind, went into the back and sold me all their halves 2 minutes before they closed, were very curtious and professional and treated me with respect. One of the best random banks ever.

Fast forward 15 minutes, and I'm in this credit union. A pretty big credit union dawgs. There was no wait in line, but this ol' teller says "Can I help you". I proceed to say "Good afternoon! How are you today?" she doesn't say how she is, she then just says "What do you want?" in a quick snipe.
...................................I then ask, do you have any halves or any rolls of halves, or even those big old Eisenhower dollars?" Then, she says with the rudest look, "We don't get those in, we don't even carry them!" I was waiting for her to say something else, like she was sorry, or the typical we have these gold dollars, no, just nothing. Nothing else, she said, I wait another 10 seconds, then I say, "Well, I'm really sorry then." and left. She doesn't even tell me to have a good day or say good bye.

Homies, I had enough of this bad service, next time, I'm not apologizing, I'm going to ask for an apology from them.

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I am a coin roll hunter, and you better kiss my behind or else!"

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a lot of you guys really don't understand is that "killing them with kindness" can really pay off.. I had this kind of thing happen the other day.. I ran out quick, bought some cupcakes and then brought them to the woman who was rude to me.. All i said was, " i could tell you were having a bad day, so i thought i would try and cheer you up.. She was overwhelmingly happy and actually said if she sees any halves come in, she will be sure to call me.. I gave her my number and BOOM!! I went from being an annoying customer to a person they will save halves for.. You are taking a situation that can really bring you closer to the tellers and making it into something negative.. Life is what you make it and at the end of the day, they are people just like you and I....

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
There is having a bad day at work and then there is just those people who you get the creeps from. Those are the negative people your doctor phil warned you about. I have gotten bad service, thankfully not from banks, and have said just once or twice I have told someone "excuse me for breathing." If I get snippy at a customer, I make it a personal policy to apologize to them, go and hide for about two minutes for some calming deep breaths and return with a smile.

But I have had that same bad attitude from a small bank in my town that I just stopped at to see if they had any halves. Exact same words too. Those tellers must be channeling their inner blech!

Sincerely, Garoulady

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
dawg i carry around a roll of magic coins just for situations like that. should have thrown a roll at her head homie...

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Em, I had to hold myself back........ really........ wanted................. to cause............... some trouble if you know what I mean. I had 4 rolls o'halves in my jacket pockets at the time too, so I had to just walk out.

PS, everyone else talking about "killing them with kindness" I was extremely polite and well-mannered, professionally dressed, clean-shaven.

IN the real world, people who place their personal problems in-front of their work, get fired.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
50cent said:
Em, I had to hold myself back........ really........ wanted................. to cause............... some trouble if you know what I mean. I had 4 rolls o'halves in my jacket pockets at the time too, so I had to just walk out.

PS, everyone else talking about "killing them with kindness" I was extremely polite and well-mannered, professionally dressed, clean-shaven.

IN the real world, people who place their personal problems in-front of their work, get fired.

Maybe she prefers hairy men?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I never said you weren't being polite to the woman dude and I never said her actions were justified.. All I said, is that you let the woman affect you in a negative way when you could have used her negative energy as a catalyst to create a better relationship with her instead of making enemies.. Tellers are people too.. Do you honestly think I haven't dealt with countless amounts of tellers like this? You have no idea what is going on in someone's life.. Maybe her father just died.. Maybe she just found out her husband was cheating on her.. Maybe she just found out she has cancer.. You simply don't know.. I am not saying this merits her treating you rudely, but why not use it as an opportunity to spread some happiness. I mean it is the holiday season after all.. Also, let me ask you something.. What is getting angry and causing a stink at the bank really going to do for you? Seriously.. How is it going to help in any way? Even if you would get the woman fired, do you honestly think other tellers are then going to go above and beyond for you in the future? By doing a simple act of kindness like buying a 5 dollar box of cupcakes, you could not only have helped yourself out and made her adore you (giving you great finds in the future), or if nothing else, you could have done an awesome act of kindness for someone who obviously needed some cheering up... I guess where we differ 50cent is I don't always do these things to kiss up to tellers and hope they give me something in return.. Sometimes I do these things out of the kindness of my heart, because I know every once in awhile people need a reminder of the good that exists in the world.. Call it good karma or whatever you want, but what goes around comes around and from my experiences in this world, random acts of kindness go very far... Even if someone was treating you with disrespect..

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg, calm down, I just thought it was exceptionally rude, it seemed as though she disliked me for no reason AT all, and I was not replying to you personally. My apologies to you, if I offended you. And I have gotten some tellers things, when they seemed upset before. And to be honest, it bothered me very little and I actually was not really that upset over the whole ordeal, figured I'd just write about it with some humour, and she probably didn't have halves at the moment anyways!

I mean, if you ever worked a job where you are dealing with people on literally a minute to minute basis, such as a cashier, you will find that 75% of the customers have little to no manners and make little eye-contact, 24%, are basic every day people. Then you get that fraction of a percent of people who come in what seems like once in a blue moon, always say the most polite things, and will literally stand out in your memory of working that specific job. I felt like I tried to be that type of person today, put on the best behavior a person could be.

To say that the credit union does not carry halves or ever get them in for that matter, such a blatant lie, to someone, goes beyond having a bad day in my opinion, to simply wanting to get 'this young-whipper-snapping time waster' out ASAP.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never meant to come off as being upset or anything.. Sorry if I did.. I was simply saying that the "kill them with kindness" rule usually pays off.. Hopefully she will be more polite to you in the future..

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
50cent said:
Dawg, calm down, I just thought it was exceptionally rude, it seemed as though she disliked me for no reason AT all, and I was not replying to you personally. My apologies to you, if I offended you. And I have gotten some tellers things, when they seemed upset before. And to be honest, it bothered me very little and I actually was not really that upset over the whole ordeal, figured I'd just write about it with some humour, and she probably didn't have halves at the moment anyways!

I mean, if you ever worked a job where you are dealing with people on literally a minute to minute basis, such as a cashier, you will find that 75% of the customers have little to no manners and make little eye-contact, 24%, are basic every day people. Then you get that fraction of a percent of people who come in what seems like once in a blue moon, always say the most polite things, and will literally stand out in your memory of working that specific job. I felt like I tried to be that type of person today, put on the best behavior a person could be.

To say that the credit union does not carry halves or ever get them in for that matter, such a blatant lie, to someone, goes beyond having a bad day in my opinion, to simply wanting to get 'this young-whipper-snapping time waster' out ASAP.

Critics wanna criticize but couldn't visualize individuals lives' through a criminals mind

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Never meant to come off as being upset or anything.. Sorry if I did.. I was simply saying that the "kill them with kindness" rule usually pays off.. Hopefully she will be more polite to you in the future..

Everything is A-OK between you and me homie, its aight.

I won't be back,
If it was a near-by credit union, I'd give them one more try or two per say, but its out of my way, twas nothing more than a strange day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread