Anyone ran into a coin ounter machine sniper?

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ran into a coin counter machine swiper?

Ran into a Penny Arcade coin counter swiper.
He was changing the halve dollar bag and I noticed some of my dimes got rejected but still stuck inside the PVC tube. He didn't think I saw them and pushes my coins back deeper and proceed to "hide" them behind the newly changed bag. I asked for them and he said nothing there until I told him the precise location. ??? This happen again after he closes the door and I ran thru another bag of changes. I was having trouble getting my additional dimes out of the PVC tube. He seem perplexed that I hv to tell him to open the door to retrieve them.

Unfortunately I was in a hurry or I would report this to the manager.
HAd this happen to anyone else?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten quite friendly with a guy teller at TD who does this... He specifically told me it is bank policy to notify any customer if their coins are collectable.. Especially rejected coins.. Not sure how true it is, but he seems to be annoyed by the policy because he said he has missed out on great finds because of it.. I am sure you could have gotten him in trouble.. Just keep an eye on him next time and make it clear that you won't stand for it..

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats not good i ***** about halfs getting stuck on the round disk all the time. Td is closeing my acct am going to wellsfargo I will still use td with my sons card we have the same name.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Wow thats not good i ***** about halfs getting stuck on the round disk all the time. Td is closeing my acct am going to wellsfargo I will still use td with my sons card we have the same name.

Don't you worry about getting your son's account closed? My assumption would be that they will become wise to what you are doing very quickly.. Especially if you are getting your account closed.. Hope it works out for ya Tim..

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought you dropped off coins by the thousands to TD and they were your best friends and they didn't mind?

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I told you that you were developing a reputation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread