plastic tubes

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you mean Brinks wrapped coins like these
s.jpg

They are ok for Nickels but I think they stink as far as dimes go.

Attachments

• BannerCoinProcessing.jpg
    BannerCoinProcessing.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
OP
OP
Thorne

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya. I thought that was done at the bank and store. Lolz

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1979 Canadian quarter in a clear roll just this mornin'. I thought I had somethin' good till I got it out of the roll.:cat:

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why for nickels and not dimes?

Because I have gone through boxes of Dimes from Brinks and found only one silver dime.

My daughter started collecting nickels her first box had three war nickels and we have found normally at least one a box.

That is why.
I am sure some people find some silver in Brinks dimes but at $100 a box and about one War nickel a box, the nickels seem a lot better, than $250 a box for zippo

I will they say this for them it is easy to search them if you do not find anything who cares

Last edited:

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usandthem said:
I found a 1979 Canadian quarter in a clear roll just this mornin'. I thought I had somethin' good till I got it out of the roll.:cat:

Same thing happened to me the other day.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Why for nickels and not dimes?

Because anyone (ie - bank tellers, Brinks employees, whoever) can tell at a glance whether there's silver in the dime and quarter rolls; they can't with the nickel rolls. I've never found silver in clear dime or quarter rolls; I suspect they're removed long before the rolls get to me.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dimes are awsome in those rapers same with quarters you can search a box in less than 5 minutes and no unraping

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-2829905136.jpg

image-2625399608.jpg

Good averages last few weeks. That's from 2 boxes this week.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Only bad thing about plastic rolls is that you can't tell half the time if you have a silver US dime or quarter or a canadian one. I have had excellent luck until recently with plastic wrapped nickels. I prefer paper ones. I use a sharpened piece of metal that use to be a dip stick from a car to start opening those paper ones. Saves on my fingernails getting chipped or torn from opening all those rolls. With the plastic tubes I used a sharp knife to score along the length of the tubes and bust them open.

whichever one you get I wish you luck in finding plenty of silver.

Sincerely, garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread