Quarters

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
check the dates on the canadian. If they are pre-1950's chances are they are 80% silver. and considering how many canooks we get in a roll here in michigan, I consider that a michigan perk. ::jerks her thumb towards the windows:: other then this rain/snow junk, which is definitely not a perk.

sidenote we have had it pretty easy in michigan this year. People were complaining about all the rain we had been having versus snow and I tell them this little bit of wisdom. For every inch of rain we get, that's 6 inches of snow we are not getting. Though for driving at night, I rather drive in a snowstorm. When it rains, every bit of light reflects off of everything and I can see a bloody thing, not even the lines half the time. I am surprised no one in the M-DOT hasn't figured out a way to make reflective paint for the roads or glow in the dark would be better. LOL.

check ya later.
Garoulady

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
check the dates on the canadian. If they are pre-1950's chances are they are 80% silver.
Canadian quarters were 80% silver up through 1966. In 1967 they issued 80% and 50% quarters and in 1968 they issued 50% and 99% nickel. Using a magnet will help out as the 99% nickel one will stick to it.

OP
OP
C

ch Penn

Aug 29, 2012
Thank you for all the reply's. My sons and I starting mding this past year and have had a blast. Its cold here in PA so I think its time for us to find something new to do together. I was wondering what any of you use to carry coins out of a bank. I was thinking I might give some tellers a heart attach if I walked into a bank with a backpack.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Teller's could care less if you wear a backpack, there are ALOT ALOT, TOO many people, wearing hoodies, sunglasses, ballcaps right into a bank. You gotta be on your guard with these peeps around.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally can carry 1000$ of coin at a time (dime/half, havent done more than 500 in Quarter,and havent done nickel/penny) and just carry them out of the bank... make a second trip if I have too... I wouldnt think a backpack would be good either... plus thats alot of dead weight and will really make your shoulder sore I think...

I just order what I can carry in 1 shot, and maybe spread out the orders

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50, I see that all the time too, people with hoodies and wide brim hats/sunglass combo, when nearly every bank says to remove that stuff when entering.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only silver quarter I've found was in a reject tray, but I most hunt halves. In the quarter MWRs and CWRs I've searched I've always been skunked for silver. Did find a quarter Balboa and a fair amount of Canadian quarters (none of which were silver).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions