Quarters

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I have heard the reason no one posts for quarters is because they are rarer then hen's teeth to find. The census has been between in the thousands of dollars people have gone through in order to find one quarter. One person posted that they went through 9000 dollars worth of quarters this year before they found 1 quarter. Me I rather get 2 boxes of dimes then 1 box of quarters. at least I know I have a better chance of finding silver in the dimes.

Hope that helps a bit.
Sincerely, Garoulady

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been through over $40000 in quarters, and have found 16 silver quarters, 1 40% proof quarter, 4 silver canadian quarters, and 3 proof quarters. I get shorted a lot sometimes, as well as foreign coins. They are simply not very economical to go through

HH
-GC

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're a clad lova, quarters are for you. or you can start collecting bi-centennial quarters, which I think are alot better than bicentennial half dollars.
1976-bicentennial-quarter.png

Should get rid of the current quarter designs and the classic one, start making it with the bicentennial look every year.

Or we are trying to keep quarters a big secret considering *cough* pro's get such good finds homie, they don't even post them shhhhhhh

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last month I tried two boxes of quarters before starting on halves, and all I got was a California State Proof. The halves simply produce better, depending on what you're looking for.

RobbyD49

Jul 5, 2012
SE Michigan
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went through $200 CWR of quarters today. Nothing. Stupid Canadian coins keep messing with me. Michigan CRH problems. I've only gone through a couple thousand bucks of quarters just to see what I can see. The only silver quarters I've gotten are the ones I bought from the shop.

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done $2k in quarter bags and found nothing.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know, it's kinda funny you say that... This happens with penny rolls I go through... if I get a canadian cent in a roll, chances are the next roll has a wheat cent in it :)
Canadian coin is usually a signpost for silver ahead. Usually after I pull a Canadian, I open the next roll, and bam, AG.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had seen people post how quarters dont produce at all, but figured I would try it, got 200 in MWR from a bank, and found a quarter, then the next 2 weeks, i went through 6 boxes ( 500$ boxes) and didnt find anything, but a ton of state quarters...

Yeah ugh... although ive done 16 boxes of halves now, and not a single piece either... MWRS suck in my area, although the CWRs are good... go figure

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find quarters, but it's always slow. Ive never found more than 2 in one box

BuxSilvers

Greenie
Dec 10, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I guess my girlfriend has done well then last month she brought me home 5 silver quarters from her work. She is a cashier at a caffe and has brought home 3 war nickles and a few silver dimes . :)

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuxSilvers said:
Wow I guess my girlfriend has done well then last month she brought me home 5 silver quarters from her work. She is a cashier at a caffe and has brought home 3 war nickles and a few silver dimes . :)

She's a keeper

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ckrakowski said:
how are 40% proof quarters and proof quarters different? also what is a 40% proof quarter?

The 40% are silver.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

Ask her if they came from rolls or customers. Either she gets a deranged customer who spends old coinage OR; the armored carrier that the roll's at her work come yield good results. If its the latter, homie, I suggest you ask her to ask her work to order her a a box of quarters. Or two, or three.

Problem solved.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Canadian coin is usually a signpost for silver ahead. Usually after I pull a Canadian, I open the next roll, and bam, AG.
Something like this happened to me earlier this year but in reverse order. I've done two boxes of quarters this year in back to back weeks. First box I pulled a 1943 Washington quarter, the next week I pulled a clad Balboa.

I don't like doing quarters but they are pretty quick to run through.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread