FIRST NICKLE BOX

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to grab a box of nickel's yesterday. This is the first time i ever searched a bank box/rolls of nickel's. I did enjoy it, and for me it was much more time consuming than dimes, or halves, which is good because i search to pass the time on my overnight shifts. I did not find any war nickel's , buffs, or anything of any interest to me, however there were a ton of pre 1959 nickel 's . I found at least one in almost every roll. Is this normal? I found 62 total. There were about 15 from 1940 and 41. Some from the 30s. Just thought i share my results for my first box of nickel's . HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoops spelt nickel wrong

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Nickels can be rewarding. I average 1.5 war nickels a box and a buff every 1.5 boxes. They do take longer to search, but you will probably get your own method down that will speed it up. I have a stack of about 50 war nickels and 20 buffs going.

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I stick with dimes and halves anymore. My war nickel rate is absolutely positively pathetic. My dime rate is usually a bit higher. Good luck with those nickels though!

hellzpriest

Nov 6, 2012
I actually bought my first nickel box yesterday just to try em. And i found a 1943 and 1944 war nickels. Plus a 1938 jefferson AU. I havent taken pictures yet. I work 3rds myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread