Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live in a border state, and go to chase banks, and ask,for customer rolled Canadian. Some will sell,it to you.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indiana is close to Canada to begin with, why not dedicate a day each month to searching coins IN canada eh?

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I believe it is illegal to move Canadian coin out of Canada, at least in large quantities. You're not going to be able to get boxes of them in the US, and legally you cannot go to Canada and bring them back. As Buffalo Boy said, searching in Canada is probably the best way to go if you're looking for something in particular, though that can be problematic as well. It all depends on what your goal is.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Checking Chase bank? Ohh, I will have to check that out myself. I live in michigan and we get some canadian. I have been CRHing for about 6 months and so far I have found only a 80% quarter and dime. Though I see the occasional canadian change, I wouldn't say its boxes and boxes. If you know someone in canada, ask them to pick up some rolls of coinage when they come to visit.

Sincerely, Garoulady

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the crh in Canada is tough because the government culls the older coin out. Probably find more hunting cwr near boarder. IMHO. HH

OP
OP
B

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh i just figured it would be easier because when i find canadian dimes the majority have been silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread