Newbee coin roll question

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
How do most of you return your coins back to the bank? Do you throw them into the coin machine at the same bank you got them from, or to a different bank. Or do you replace the keepers and return the rolls to the teller? I used to get them at one bank, and then give them to another via the machine. Problem was, the machine would always need to be emptied mid return, and I felt I was being a pain in the a-- when asking the teller to empty the machine so that I may proceed. I plan to start this again after the new year.

Upvote 0

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone else do this...

Ill dump my halves, at a coin machine bank, then when they ask how I want it back, ill ask for a box or 2 of dimes, or maybe quarters if im really bored...

Ive been doing that for a few weeks now, the dime boxes produce decently, but man they are rolled tight as hell, my fingers always sore after doing those... But the tellers and their managers dont ever seem to mind doing it, as long as they have extra boxes around

I can see making a dump bank also a pick-up bank in this manner. When it is a different denomination of coin, it is not going to get contaminated by your dumps. Pretty smart and resourceful on gas savings if you ask me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread