Just Found My First Silver Coins =D ( Canada ) Newbie need tips

qwerty6666

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys

I work in a coffee restaurant and we got some tips . I always put aside the coin with special design and coin that look diferant from the others . This week ive just learned that some of the old canadian coin so i've reviewed the coin i've had rolled to see if i can find some of them .

in 49 roll of quarters and 11 of dime and found

1X 1962 quarter 80% silver
3X 1968 quarter 50% silver
3x 1968 dime not sure about those one id need a magnet only 1/4 of dime minted on 1968 were silver .

I've got a lot of plain normal rolled coin is there's some canadian bank i could exchange them for other coin without paying lot of fee ? My bank is currently closed I cant ask them but they are usually the worst for most service so couple tips on what bank you use would be handy .

Also what you think would be the best option while buying roll ? Quarters or dime ? I'm totally new to this so any tips for canadians would be very apreciated

Thank
Qwerty6666

Upvote 0

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is proof, if it isnt luck, that crh in canada is not as bad as they say. For the quarter and dime thing in the u.s. quarters dont produce as much as dimes, but in canada youll have to do some boxes of each to tell. Or you could do both the canadian govt is pulling their own silver out of circulation so you better do large quauntities fast

OP
OP
Q

qwerty6666

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank a lot for the update sagittarius98 my english isnt super good so sorry .

Thank billionaire i wasnt aware that canadian gov is pulling out their own silver what a shame =(

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Welcome to treasure net! You were wise to save the older coins from your job! Your English is plenty good enough to be easily understood, and I have a feeling that your French may be better than mine! Do you live in Quebec? I lived 20 miles south of Quebec border for 6 years near Plattsburgh, New York on Lake Champlain. At that time, way back in the early 70's, many families from Quebec camped at the lake, nearly always bringing their horseshoe games with them. I've also visited London, Ontario and enjoyed seeing beautiful black squirrels there. Best success to you in your coin-roll hunting! Andi

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
thank a lot for the update sagittarius98 my english isnt super good so sorry .

Thank billionaire i wasnt aware that canadian gov is pulling out their own silver what a shame =(

Your English isn't too bad, I generally understood you and just misread what you said. It's much better than TimZim's. The Alloy Recovery Program recycles the silver in the old coins to make silver maple leafs. Maybe we should boycott the MLs later than the start of the program.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread