Great Christmas Gifts

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My Christmas gift for this year was going skiing but my dad still said that he was going to get me something else as we'll. We just arrived at the lodge and after unpacking we opened the gifts. I really wasn't expecting very much but earlier in the day my dad had hinted at the gift having to do with coins so I was excited. Well this is what I got: ( ill try to post a picture later)
-2 1Oz sterling silver coins from the Cayman Islands (sterling is 95% right?)
-1 1997 ASE inside a plastic coin capsule that fits inside the little felt box (not sure what the name for it is)
- 1 1962 coin set in side the long proof type box, the box says proof but they aren't.
- a miniature double lens magnifying glass
- a few felt bags to put coins in.
All of the coins are from my grandpas coin collection. They are the ones that he had given to my dad. Thee is still a lot more coins in my grandpas collection and I get a few more coins of every denomination every year when I go visit my grandma. Eventually most of the coins will go to my brother and I because we are the only ones who really collect coins. Anyways back to the gifts. It is a lot more than I expected and it is my first ASE. I know some of you got the coins you wished for and some of you did not. I don't want to rub it in I just wanted to share what I got. Merry Christmas everyone

Attachments

• image-4071405382.jpg
    image-4071405382.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0
OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Opps it's a 1993 P proof ASE and I don't know why the nickels are in there

image-2492167515.jpg

Last edited:

Seener53

Jul 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
eTrac, Excalibur II, ctx3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, sterling = 92.5% pure.

OP
OP
44_Dimes

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
sagittarius98 said:
Sterling is .925 and they are actually 1.5271 oz. and worth $50 in collectors value.

Yeah I was doing a little bit of research last night and I was really surprised to see how much they were going for on eBay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread