🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! it is on its way!

once received, do a little math.

Take a all cald roll, maybe a couple, and weigh them - get the average grams.

Take a roll with 1 or 2 silvers - weigh it

Take a solid silver roll - weigh it

Just get some numbers for known roll combinations, and use your best judgement on what your "at least 1 silver" coin rolls contain.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the extremely rare occasion that I have an ender roll (maybe 5 machine wrapped enders lifetime), I do save them for last, but that is as long as I have ever waited.

Ender rolls would indeed likely sell for a premium on eBay, but if they are weighed and you're pretty sure the ender is the only silver in the roll, you are being borderline fraudulent IMO. Just like all those "unsearched" rolls of wheaties on eBay with a VDB, Indian head, 1916 Merc dime, etc showing. Technically you could word your description to be truthful, but its still a little deceptive. To me, "weighed" would be considered "searched"...even though it won't be 100% accurate every single time. I couldn't do it, but thats just me.

When it comes to weighing rolls of halves, a scale really doesn't help much...especially with the 40%ers. I have played around with a scale quite a bit and it wasn't helpful at all. For example, I have had an unopened roll that weighed 225.4g that contained 2 40%ers. I have had rolls weighing as much as 226.5 that contained no silver. I've seen hundreds of rolls that weighed 226g+ that contained no silver. I've had dozens of rolls that weighed less than 226g contain 1 40%er. With that said, every roll that has weighed 227.0g+ has contained either a 90%er or foreign coin, and never have I seen a 90% come from a roll weighing less than 227g...but I find very few 90% from MWRs. Maybe 5 or 6 lifetime that were weighed beforehand.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had rolls weighing as much as 228g containing no silver
I've had rolls weighing 224.1g containing a 40% silver
I've had rolls weighing 226.0g containing a 90% silver half dollar...

it all depends on how worn the coins are inside of the roll... i'd say anything above 226.5g would contain a 90% or at least 2-3 40%.
Hope this helps,
hh
buff

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enders are my MOST common finds, especially in terms of half dollars. 70% of my 40%'rs have been enders...... its not a big deal.

70% enders? That is mathematically impossible (given that you have found more than a couple dozen 40%ers).

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unroller -

That is amazing that you have saved all those enders! I think I might follow suit. Whenever you go on a long skunk streak, you could pull one out and open it and know you have at least one. Can't wait to see the pics, dude.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On average you will find one ender per 10 silver coins. High volume hunters can find 5000+ silver coins anually a couple years ago. That equals to 500+ enders being found and too much bank roll being put away.
I just take a photo if I find a walker or barber ender or something extrordinary as eye-candy. Once a while I will look up all my eye-candies.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unroller -

That is amazing that you have saved all those enders! I think I might follow suit. Whenever you go on a long skunk streak, you could pull one out and open it and know you have at least one. Can't wait to see the pics, dude.
Yeah, I think may follow suit too. Only trying to save all of them for a year stating on the 1st with this weeks boxes. I don't think I'll last long but going to try.

OP
OP
U

unroller

Dec 28, 2012
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had rolls weighing as much as 228g containing no silver
I've had rolls weighing 224.1g containing a 40% silver
I've had rolls weighing 226.0g containing a 90% silver half dollar...

it all depends on how worn the coins are inside of the roll... i'd say anything above 226.5g would contain a 90% or at least 2-3 40%.
Hope this helps,
hh
buff

Good info. My fear in not opening them is not so much missing a 90 or 40..but giving up a barber or seated as if it were any old 90.

OP
OP
U

unroller

Dec 28, 2012
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I think may follow suit too. Only trying to save all of them for a year stating on the 1st with this weeks boxes. I don't think I'll last long but going to try.

I think I will start over again in 2013 too.... see if I can get to 3 boxes of enders this year as a goal. I am going to grab the boxes from my SD box (take a pic of the rolls for all) and open them.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're gunna open 'em?~! awesome.

I am good at saving little treasures. But, I am really poor at doing when it comes to AU/AG - for instance, I always need to test my AU, and sort my silver ASAP. It actually motivates me more than most things at season of my life.

we all drooling, waiting for the pics.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Number 1 reason I could never save ender rolls. This is my first Walker and I just found it tonight. :)

Attachments

• image-1993666585.jpg
    image-1993666585.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 135

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Buff- Slightly under 3/4th's my (40% silver) halves have been enders I should say. Getting a 40% inside the roll (MWR), is the exception for me.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
boristhespider88 said:
Is the ender right underneath that a 40%er? It looks like it could be a 1968-D or 1969-D, but my eyes could be tricking me.

Yes, it is a 1968-D, and a 1969-D reverse ender below it. When I saw the Walker ender I looked for more enders and put them together for the pic. That box turned out to be my best yet. Not only my first Walker, but my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ones. Also found my 2nd, 3rd & 4th Ben, along with (2) '64's to total (9) 90's & (10) 40%'s.

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem with this approach is you are losing earning power. Let's say you have 10 rolls, say one silver per roll. You could be using that other $95 to find more silver. Instead, you have that money locked up. Remember, this is a game of statistics. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread