12-16 penny box (now with picture of 84 Double ear)

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

Attachments

• 84 double ear.jpg
    84 double ear.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,532
Upvote 0

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Re: 12-16 penny box

Very nice! :)

BTW, there's no point in saving the copper pennies anymore. They passed law where it's illegal to melt down pennies and nickels. So there's really no point in keeping them any longer.

OP
OP
nc-joe

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used

They banned owning gold in 1933.

They will not ban it for ever. Plus, I would rather let the copper circulation dry up, so the numismatic value of the coins will reflect the copper content. That way, you can sell the coins for their value rather than destroy them.

But once the ban is lifted, IF THE BAN IS EVEN LEGAL, soooo many will be melted, but those of use that hold onto them, may actually get some sort of return for NOT melting them. Besides. they will always be worth a penny, just keeping them in a jar for now.

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

very nice finds
can we see a pic of the 1984 dd ear

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice coin!
i have been looking for one for a long time and have not found one yet, good job

T

TreasureTales

What's the thing on the "R" in the word "TRUST?"

Double ear? That's another error I've never heard of. Is it worth any extra money?

OP
OP
nc-joe

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
I think that is just lint on a scrach on the "R"

As for the value.....

Well, if it was uncirculated, it would be worth $200-400. But given it current condition, it's worth somewhere in the ball park of $75-100.

Not bad for a $25 box of pennies, (which also included a $30 1998 type 2, and who knows how much the double die reverse 1989 and 1991 are worth, and the wheaties are worth 4 cents each.)

T

TreasureTales

nc-joe said:
I think that is just lint on a scrach on the "R"

As for the value.....

Well, if it was uncirculated, it would be worth $200-400. But given it current condition, it's worth somewhere in the ball park of $75-100.

Not bad for a $25 box of pennies, (which also included a $30 1998 type 2, and who knows how much the double die reverse 1989 and 1991 are worth, and the wheaties are worth 4 cents each.)

Always did like pennies. ;D I'll have to pay more attention for error coins, I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions