What adds to your CRH experience?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it would be fun to ask everyone a question.. The question is, what adds to your CRH experience? In other words, what do you also do when you are hunting? Watch tv? Talk with family? For me, I listen to a different live concert every night. My favorite band is PHISH.. They are known to make every live concert different (much like the grateful dead). Every night that I open my rolls, I pop open a beer and put on one of their live shows that I have never listened to before. It makes my hunting experience much more enjoyable and allows me to have a greater knowledge of what shows of theirs are my favorite... So my question to you is, what else do you do besides just opening the rolls to enhance your CRH experience?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
i pop open my CD player and put on some good ol' eminem, myself, and some other gangstas. In the car, I like silence, so I just search, peacefully. Ive talked while CRH Ive listened while CRH, Ive rapped while CRH. I always have a cup'joe or tea when I'm looking.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg I listen to some 50 Cent, myself and some of my other homies. I'm a lone searcha so I coin roll hunt in peace. You gotta low low these days ya' never know when you might get attacked by and enraged tella.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
In my house there could be any number of things going on while I'm searching, sometimes I'm multitasking, helping my son with homework, or the wife with dinner. I have a 3 year old daughter( for those of you who have kids know what thats like) who is into everything, so, most of the time I'm interacting with my family while I'm searching. There are times that I get to search in the afternoon by myself ( sons in school, little girl is sleeping and wife is at work), when this happens I listen to my talk radio and search my halves, and like 50 said, I too allways have a cup of joe to drink while I seach. HH, Maverick.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A tall beer and Bonanza on the boob tube!
A cold one (or two) and talk radio, but I'm loseing interest in the talk radio subjects fast, think I might go the Bonanza route too. That or classic rock i.e. Pink Floyd, Neil Young, The Who etc... in the CD player. As long as I have unsearched rolls in front of me it's all good.

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lighting is super important for me. I try to hunt before 5pm if possible. I like to have a mixture of natural and incandescent light—it helps me see the color of the metal. I also hunt in the middle of everything with the family going crazy. T.V., kids—the whole bit. :-)

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yo Diver, PM me and let me know where you be hunting and dumpin' so I don't step on your toes.

Damn, I have been reading this board so much I am starting to talk like 50 and Eminem.

I usually read stuff on Tnet while hunting, also while I am pirating the new rap albums.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beach. Excellent lighting and even if there is a skunk, there are other lovely sights.
I would love to crh at the beach! Problem is, right now it is 2 degrees here in "The great white North". Oh and all the other lovely sights are covered up under many layers of clothing. lol
But yeah Diver_Down and OtlFrutiger light is key. With these cold short days all of my hunting is done inside and mostly after dark. Last year I replaced the light bulbs I use to crh from the soft white to the GE Reveal bulbs and they are a much better more natural-like light. Not as good as sunlight but close.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Usually watch a bit of TV, try to make it educational for the family or comedy for a good laugh. I also enjoy talking with the kids, wife, etc. so it's not cutting into family time.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch TV and usually have a drink. My wife wanted to spend more time together. Now she doesn't like it because we sit together and watch TV, and it is accompanied by a ::tear of paper clink clink clink:: Sometimes I have to turn the volume up because the coins are too loud.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I watch different things on Netflix or listen to some vinyl records. It also gives me time to relax with my girlfriend.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Herbal refreshments, if you catch my drift.

Then I just put on my headphones and throw the mp3 player on random mode.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch different things on Netflix or listen to some vinyl records. It also gives me time to relax with my girlfriend.

Netflix is awesome for CRH. $8 a month for unlimited Lost, 24, Futurama, Family Guy, or put on a Jason Statham movie and have a drink every time he beats the crap out of someone. You'll think EVERYTHING is silver by the end of the night.

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
Sit back with a few beers before my wife gets home and watch a treasure hunting/ pirate/ history themed TV show

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
accordselux said:
Netflix is awesome for CRH. $8 a month for unlimited Lost, 24, Futurama, Family Guy, or put on a Jason Statham movie and have a drink every time he beats the crap out of someone. You'll think EVERYTHING is silver by the end of the night.

Yep, that's why it can be counterproductive to drink and CRH. Lol

OP
OP
AdDicted2Ag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome responses guys... Some of them are truly cracking me up...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread