Teller: "Those arent your coins in the reject tray...You come in with half dollars."

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teller: "Those aren't your coins in the reject tray...You come in with half dollars."

Eminem, I'll throw you a couple 90%ers to take care of this rude teller for me....

In the past, a friendly teller at my dump bank; today she gave me a rough time when I asked to take the reject coins out of the tube. Given, there was probably about 5 dollars in change, she said "you normally come in with halves, those coins were from the person before you." It was just a bit annoying since I am very nice and respectful to this teller, and have not been to the bank in a while. Plus, I don't see what gives her the authority to be the coin police. Most tellers don't make a spectacle out of taking the reject change, and usually just add it to my coin ticket without a thought. I am not saying I think I deserve the extra change, but MAN, what an insult! Why even bother fighting with a customer about a thing like that?

Been on the worst skunk/luck streak of my CRH hobby. I had tremendous luck from the start back in July and have had bad luck since the middle of December. I feel like my usual banks and tellers are restless of me. Orders are getting "forgotten" or schedules have been affected by the holiday. I am wishing all of you guys lots of luck in the new year, and hope you're not going through what I am going through with my hunts. I am still keeping the head up high, and here's to much silver in 2013!

Upvote 0

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One of the banks I get halves from won't do orders when there is a holiday on a Monday or Tuesday. I only get one box from this bank so I "spread the wealth around" at other banks for that week and make sure I have $500 for the halves the following week. This being said we are just getting over the holiday season so that could have caused some of the boxes being forgotten. Do you bring treats to the tellers? They really help out.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Weaselbrott said:
Eminem, I'll throw you a couple 90%ers to take care of this rude teller for me....

In the past, a friendly teller at my dump bank; today she gave me a rough time when I asked to take the reject coins out of the tube. Given, there was probably about 5 dollars in change, she said "you normally come in with halves, those coins were from the person before you." It was just a bit annoying since I am very nice and respectful to this teller, and have not been to the bank in a while. Plus, I don't see what gives her the authority to be the coin police. Most tellers don't make a spectacle out of taking the reject change, and usually just add it to my coin ticket without a thought. I am not saying I think I deserve the extra change, but MAN, what an insult! Why even bother fighting with a customer about a thing like that?

Been on the worst skunk/luck streak of my CRH hobby. I had tremendous luck from the start back in July and have had bad luck since the middle of December. I feel like my usual banks and tellers are restless of me. Orders are getting "forgotten" or schedules have been affected by the holiday. I am wishing all of you guys lots of luck in the new year, and hope you're not going through what I am going through with my hunts. I am still keeping the head up high, and here's to much silver in 2013!

Dawg I woulda said "how do you know I had just halves?" I woulda told the manager the teller has been stealing change from you. If that useless person doesn't get fired scream and throw a brinks roll of halves at him/her

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did the whole treat thing, but I frequent far too many banks to bring treats to them all. In all honesty, it seemed like this individual was having a very bad day and wanted to cause unnecessary drama for whatever reason...

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Weaselbrott said:
I did the whole treat thing, but I frequent far too many banks to bring treats to them all. In all honesty, it seemed like this individual was having a very bad day and wanted to cause unnecessary drama for whatever reason...

You shoulda made the tellas 10 X worse homie

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The universe ebbs and flows.

You win some, you lose some.

Etc.

I was thinking the same thing, and its nice to hear somebody else say it. Here's to much luck in your immediate future!

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yeah, I feel your pain. One of my main large order pickup banks forgot my order this week. Since they are so nice and last week's order being loaded with AG I let them slide. Hehe

Keep plugging along and know that better days are ahead now that the holidays are over with.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Write it up as a bad day(everyone has them).If this is a good bank normally Let It Go.If it happens again ask the teller how does she know you brought in halfs you just emptied out the change in your car and didnt count how much it was and couldnt tell her what was in there.

jethro1469

Mar 18, 2009
East Coast
I always take a few dollars in cents, dimes and quarters and throw them in before dumping my halves. This helps give me some creds when I claim what's in the reject tray.

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
Let me get this straight. You asked a teller to give you the rejects that were someone else's money and you are upset that she said "no."

We are all involved in a hobby that costs the banks money to support. Of a teller found it odd that you wanted to scarf up someone else's rejected coins and disallowed it, you should be more embarrassed than indignant.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
homeslice, this is screwed up. I once said 'yo, tellers, this lady left a whole lotta change' all they said back to me was 'its yours now'. this teller wanted it for herself, plain-n-simple. I'd bring it up with her next time you see her, listen i'll give you a gift every once & a while if'n you check and save the reject tray for me., if she says no, report her.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me get this straight. You asked a teller to give you the rejects that were someone else's money and you are upset that she said "no."

We are all involved in a hobby that costs the banks money to support. Of a teller found it odd that you wanted to scarf up someone else's rejected coins and disallowed it, you should be more embarrassed than indignant.

My tellers always give me the foreign, and don't allow me to take the American (occasionally one mixes in, but I want to keep the trust between me and my tellers).

chakra22

Oct 26, 2012
Columbus Michigan
Detector(s) used
Newbie --Researching for one now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next time put a mixture of coins 1st like a few rolls of pennies, nickles, qouators in before you do the halfs lol

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg I woulda said "how do you know I had just halves?" I woulda told the manager the teller has been stealing change from you. If that useless person doesn't get fired scream and throw a brinks roll of halves at him/her

I second that. I normally do nickels but not always. I will pick up a couple of rolls of dimes or pennies and I throw my extra change in to boot. I would have told the teller that it was my spare change and to give it to me.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I second that. I normally do nickels but not always. I will pick up a couple of rolls of dimes or pennies and I throw my extra change in to boot. I would have told the teller that it was my spare change and to give it to me.

Sincerely, Garoulady

dont forget to keep a couple a half dollar rolls on hand just in case you have to smack some sense into the teller

eolson3

Apr 11, 2011
feelin' lucky here. my tellers save me all the rejects. I pickem up on Saturdays, sell'em for 10 a pound and buy silver. Good hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread