Very unusual coin machine find

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, while dumping some dimes in a coin machine i use once every two weeks or so, I noticed some aluminum foil moving around inside the coin machine which was pulled out for a bag change and left out for convenient dumping for both me and the teller who had to change the bags.

I waited for the coins to empty in the hopper to get a better look on what was inside the machine. The machine counted all my coins then told the teller there was some aluminum foil stuck in the machine. I didn't expect more than some trash from inside the machine, but the teller pulled out something and gave it to me.

a series 2003 $2 bill! It's nothing like finding a gold ring or a silver dollar inside of a coin machine, but certainly a first for me! hmm.... paper money in a coin machine, and a $2 bill too, I guess today was my lucky day...

On another note, the coin machine was 100% accurate and did not reject a single coin.

HH
Buff

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey folks, while dumping some dimes in a coin machine i use once every two weeks or so, I noticed something paper moving around inside the coin machine which was pulled out for a bag change and left out for convenient dumping for both me and the teller who had to change the bags.

I waited for the coins to empty in the hopper and the machine counted all my coins then told the teller there was some aluminum foil stuck in the machine. I didn't expect much from inside the machine, but the teller pulled out something and gave it to me.

a series 2003 $2 bill! nothing like finding a gold ring or a silver dollar inside of a coin machine, but certainly a first for me! hmm.... paper money in a coin machine, and a $2 bill too, I guess today was my lucky day... on another note, the coin machine was 100% accurate and did not reject a single coin.

HH
Buff

dawg if I were you i'd tell that tella to convert that 2 dolla bill into halv dollas asap!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Buff! Ya, finding the paper money is weird, but cool! HH, Maverick.

InCladWeTrust

Nov 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eminem said:
dawg if I were you i'd tell that tella to convert that 2 dolla bill into halv dollas asap!

One of paper equal four of coin

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
people dump dirt, paper clips, dolla bills, cat hair, human hair in the coin machine. fools are trying to break them, tellers should be gettin mad at these fools, and not the ones who dump clean amounts of usually one kinda coin.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
worse thing I have found in a coinstar while cleaning it, twice on different occasions I have found .22LR bullets. Not just 1 or 2 but 7 bullets one time and 10 the last time. Holy Smokes!! That's about as bad as throwing a pop bottle full of paint thinner into a crushing bottle machine. I am surprised that something hasn't gone off.

Coolest find in a reject bin. $11.70 cents in silver quarters and dimes.

Sincerely, Garoulady

unroller

Dec 28, 2012
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, while dumping some dimes in a coin machine i use once every two weeks or so, I noticed some aluminum foil moving around inside the coin machine which was pulled out for a bag change and left out for convenient dumping for both me and the teller who had to change the bags.

I waited for the coins to empty in the hopper to get a better look on what was inside the machine. The machine counted all my coins then told the teller there was some aluminum foil stuck in the machine. I didn't expect more than some trash from inside the machine, but the teller pulled out something and gave it to me.

a series 2003 $2 bill! It's nothing like finding a gold ring or a silver dollar inside of a coin machine, but certainly a first for me! hmm.... paper money in a coin machine, and a $2 bill too, I guess today was my lucky day...

On another note, the coin machine was 100% accurate and did not reject a single coin.

HH
Buff

Great find! Sure beats the usual used band-aid and washer!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread