newbie here. Im 5 days in and I think Im off to a good start

jkhu007

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
newbie here. I'm 5 days in and I think I'm off to a good start

Was looking for a new hobby and decided to give crh a try. I'm doing pretty well so far
day 1: got 3 40% kennedys from my dad to start out
day 2: asked the guy at my local bodega if he had any half dollars as I got my change and he handed me a shiny '68 kennedy. Then on the way home, I got $19 in lose halfs from the bank and pulled out 2 more 40% and a franklin
day4: got my first box, all skunks 46 rolls in and then boom, 3 '64 kennedys. (I found a clad panamanian half as well which was just cool)
day5: cashed in all my clad halfs and on my way out picked up $100 in dimes. When through them super quickly (just looking at the sides) and pulled out a '48 silver dime
I've also been doing pennies and gotten ~25% copper on $50, with 23 wheats (oldest =1925 x 2)

coin.jpg coin.jpg

Upvote 0

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well done!! Keep up the good work and the silver should continue to flow.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start, you're working several angles which is the way to go! silver is where you find it!

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh... I see nobody here has told you yet... Well this is awkward...

You sort of... owe us all of your finds for the first 6 months of CRHing until your CRH probationary period has been lifted. PM me for the address to send those bad boys. Also, you have to pay for the shipping fees.

Seriously, though... welcome to CRH, and congrats on your finds! Here's to more great finds in your future!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Was looking for a new hobby and decided to give crh a try. I'm doing pretty well so far
day 1: got 3 40% kennedys from my dad to start out
day 2: asked the guy at my local bodega if he had any half dollars as I got my change and he handed me a shiny '68 kennedy. Then on the way home, I got $19 in lose halfs from the bank and pulled out 2 more 40% and a franklin
day4: got my first box, all skunks 46 rolls in and then boom, 3 '64 kennedys. (I found a clad panamanian half as well which was just cool)
day5: cashed in all my clad halfs and on my way out picked up $100 in dimes. When through them super quickly (just looking at the sides) and pulled out a '48 silver dime
I've also been doing pennies and gotten ~25% copper on $50, with 23 wheats (oldest =1925 x 2)

View attachment 722239 View attachment 722239

BODEGA
WHAT
IS
A
BODEGA?

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm surprised that you didn't mention anything about the "clad Panamanian half" (a.k.a. 1/2 balboa)? Did you get rid of your Panamaniophobia?

No, balboa's are still a death threat as far as I'm concerned, they all have GPS trackers inside of them, with some south american money launderers after you. I dont have a panamaniophobia, 95+% of them are probably good people, i'm just afraid of the gangs/money/cut-throats who deal in half balboa's/ half dollars.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
No, balboa's are still a death threat as far as I'm concerned, they all have GPS trackers inside of them, with some south american money launderers after you. I dont have a panamaniophobia, 95+% of them are probably good people, i'm just afraid of the gangs/money/cut-throats who deal in half balboa's/ half dollars.

I think they use cash. Whatever the case, 90% of bills have cocaine on them in the US. Circled is cocaine on a bill:

Cashcoke.jpg

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No wonder this hobby is so addictive, we are high as a mug all the time! HH

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Man, dem gang membas really need to CYnciKd.png as well as 1Z45WVK.png . I meanz cum on. I be dealin with ma balboas and ya know... gettin stalked by gangs... ain't nobody got time fo 'dat!

Attachments

• LVmT6O9.png
    LVmT6O9.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 336

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck on your recent finds & congrats. Don't let the empty skunks get you down in the future, but keep a positive open mind to the hobby and you will do OK. A little at a time. HH

danya

Feb 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dayum I take the eFLZPOT.gif once more on this occasion by necro posting. Was def unintentional.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions