no more silver in rolls anymore homie, is our hobby dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Ill say it once and I'll say it again, there is a huge decline in silver this past year. I'm working and my 6th box of dimes with no silver, 25th box of halves with no silver, and 5th box of nickels with no keepers. I'm thinking about cutting my volume down yo, it would be cheapa for me to just buy the coins than to waste gas and time trying to find em'. just my observation homie 8-)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
worst of all they are acting like going into banks is going into the club now, they got a bouncer on the outside checking to see if you got the correct bank card..are you kidding me? Red carpet and all..

and they want to know all your personal info like where you work, where you live etc...they might be contemplating breaking into my house!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better bar up your windows and keep a box of your finest spray painted clad on your door step as a decoy.

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
better bar up your windows and keep a box of your finest spray painted clad on your door step as a decoy.

ill keep a coulple rolls of clad halves in my pocket to throw at them thieves

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ill keep a coulple rolls of clad halves in my pocket to throw at them thieves

yep and make sure they are all 1971's just to piss them off on how close they were to hitting silver but all they got was a hit on their forehead.

OP
OP
Eminem

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
yep and make sure they are all 1971's just to piss them off on how close they were to hitting silver but all they got was a hit on their forehead.

and hopefully bruised

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a hint; if you need a hand cart to dump coins, it's not worth it anymore. $3k dimes to find a few? No thanks. Halves flat out dead here too.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, this is a hobby. Simplify your life, own the banks on your normal route to work or errands. Things ebb and flow. Maybe work to increase your bank roll and find better dump situation. HH
..... I have to go along with palidin here .. When i do it i will just stop at banks i pass on the way... not go out of my way.......But then i will just be doing this as a hobby........

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I plan on using a handcart to return coins but that's only because rather than go once a week into town to dump coins, I plan on saving all my coins till spring, or when i can roll teh cart to my cart without any problem. Saves on gas and I will just take the money out of my spare change and paycheck to get my nickels. Not to mention I try to not go seriously out of my way to go to other banks. If I am going to town and its on my way, I'll stop and get coins or drop them off, otherwise I can wait till later. And coin hunting in michigan wasn't bad at first last year for coin hunting. since August I have found 17 war nickels and 8 buffs, with 3 x 40% in halves, and 1 dime. Not a whole lot but I wasn't really trying as hard as the heavy rollers on here do. I was doing about 2-3 boxes a month. But I think that silver is dwindling in supply. There has been times where I wanted silver so badly I stopped by my LCS and bought a couple of ounces of bullion and some coinage. I just want to hear the sound of silver chinging in my hands. I am hopeing this thursday to get my first box of nickels at my bank.

sincerely, Garoulady

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey got like a bucket of wheats given to me. It's heavy. Is it going to be worth my time going thru it ? Or just sit on it for 20 years and see what it does.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
call around to your LCS. I know the one closest to me, gives me 1.5 cent for every wheat penny that I bring in. It's on my way to work so I don't lose any gas mileage stopping in on there.

Sincerely, Garoulady

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

companies like this are springing up, i doubt its too far to assume they have silver sorting machines too. I think we are just getting out-gunned.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video and advice! I think I will just keep these wheats and see what happens. Thanks a lot!8-)

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the video. I learned something new. I was thinking about not hoarding pennies due to you can't melt them, but if congress changes the composition of the coinage, then we can melt them down.

Sincerely, Garoulady

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey got like a bucket of wheats given to me. It's heavy. Is it going to be worth my time going thru it ? Or just sit on it for 20 years and see what it does.

Check for key dates. If you just bring in a bucket, an LCS will pay you by the pound, and will then go through them and weed out the rarer dates.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked for obvious reasons...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread