First Penny Hunt with the kids

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put the 2 kids to work (5 and 8) and went through our first box of pennies together. We hauled in 13 wheat pennies but they liked the 2009s better we only got about 4 of them.

Wheat years were:
46 X2
53 the coolest looking one that looked new and shiny almost silver like
57 X2

Pretty typical for a penny box?

Upvote 0

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats about spon on with my wheat averages. good going..thats why i love pennies they are just fun because you always find something. Shockingly i find more wheats then i do 2009 pennies. pretty crazy right?!

OP
OP
M

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply the kids loved it so it was time well spent and like you said pulling some old pennies is fun seeing the wheat backs is fun and then finding out the date is a good moment in suspense.

I got myself a box of half dollars too but not quite as magical as doing it with the kids they had a lot of fun with it and something tells me by the marks the half dollar box is gonna be a skunk although I'm only 1/5 of the way through.

I sort of view it as the thrill of baseball cards as a kid except you can wrap up the commons and get your money back while keeping any good stuff you find no lose except for the time.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
gotta keep them away from the skunks dawg. skunks are dangerous wild animals that should not be fed under any circumstance, and carry rabies. I hope there is not one in that half box

OP
OP
M

mtk76

Jan 9, 2013
3rd District
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta admit the halfs arent fun solo like the pennies were with help. Its almost demoralizing when they looked marked for death I guess thats why the people that persist get the glory.

I'm gonna be a penny baller I guess...

:laughing7:

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta admit the halfs arent fun solo like the pennies were with help. Its almost demoralizing when they looked marked for death I guess thats why the people that persist get the glory.

I'm gonna be a penny baller I guess...

:laughing7:

prob smart them halves are skunks 98% of the time homie. you might get an accidental 40 percenta but thats it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread