The Luck Continues!!!!!!!

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Went to the local bank by my house, asked if they had any half dollars.. She said yeah I do, someone just came and dropped them off... they are loose though.. She puts them on the counter.. I asked her if she could name the years.. She started naming them, then she says "1964" twice!!!!!! It was the sweetest thing I have heard all day! Gave her a dollar in quarters.. Took my finds!!! Yessss!!!!! The luck continues!! Happy hunting!!! :)

Attachments

• image-2755446909.jpg
    image-2755446909.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to the local bank by my house, asked if they had any half dollars.. She said yeah I do, someone just came and dropped them off... they are loose though.. She puts them on the counter.. I asked her if she could name the years.. She started naming them, then she says "1964" twice!!!!!! It was the sweetest thing I have heard all day! Gave her a dollar in quarters.. Took my finds!!! Yessss!!!!! The luck continues!! Happy hunting!!! :)

"Gave her a dollar in quarters.." with two dots, to make it look like you did something badass. I'd of been happy to get rid of a dolla-bill, they take up too much space in my wallet. I try not even to carry dolla bills around, just use the dolla coins now-a-days.

good find anyways dawg.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice work on the teller tray 64s! something I've learned over the years that will help you out in the future, at any cost avoid having them look at the coins. Simply say you'll buy them, and try to distract them with small talk so they don't look at them. I've had too many cases where a teller is counting out the halves for me and notices one is older, and snatches it.

HH!

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
SilverForBrains said:
Nice work on the teller tray 64s! something I've learned over the years that will help you out in the future, at any cost avoid having them look at the coins. Simply say you'll buy them, and try to distract them with small talk so they don't look at them. I've had too many cases where a teller is counting out the halves for me and notices one is older, and snatches it.

HH!

Thanks for the info! I may have lucked out because this girl was clueless!! Lol!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score hm10!
Maybe it's the green beer I'm drinking, but don't those coins in the pic look kind of greenish?
HH

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
for what reason would you ask to say the years out loud lol? but anyways it isn't about being clueless though, sometimes it is just about not caring to make a few bucks, it is kinda look all the people in ny, nj. ct not turning in bottles and cans to get the five cents back and helping the environment, people are pure lazy and don't give a ****.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clueless until she wonders why you only wanted the 1964 ones and gets her iphone out to google..... (yeah, that's super badass five periods..)

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
PhattyB said:
clueless until she wonders why you only wanted the 1964 ones and gets her iphone out to google..... (yeah, that's super badass five periods..)

That's why I also got a couple of the regular dates too, to keep her gaurd down.. :)

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
agme said:
Nice score hm10!
Maybe it's the green beer I'm drinking, but don't those coins in the pic look kind of greenish?
HH

It might be the lighting, or my crappy iPod camera.. They were a little dirty.. But hey, I'm not complaining! Lol

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HH!

Yes, no offense, just some feedback- it sounds like there were others, and you picked only those. Buy ALL to keep from looking suspicious and getting them wondering why those were good (and different looking). Get all the halves as quickly and discreetly as possible so they don't inspect them. And keep checking in- you can be that weird guy that comes in so they save stuff for you!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Yes, no offense, just some feedback- it sounds like there were others, and you picked only those. Buy ALL to keep from looking suspicious and getting them wondering why those were good (and different looking). Get all the halves as quickly and discreetly as possible so they don't inspect them. And keep checking in- you can be that weird guy that comes in so they save stuff for you!

This. Always buy them all. Pick and choose, and soon you'll be choosing from clad only while the tellers pick the silver.

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
FormerTeller said:
This. Always buy them all. Pick and choose, and soon you'll be choosing from clad only while the tellers pick the silver.
Good to know! I'll do that from now on.. I definitely don't want them thinking something is up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread