Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a alternative you might think about. I took a couple of pairs of old jeans that were getting ready to be thrown out and turned them into bags. Just cut off the legs to the desired length you want the bag and sew one end up. I would suggest using the bottom seam as the open end of the bag. One thing I have also done is had velcro sewn onto the open end. That way I have a way to seal it. That denim makes a good long lasting bag. Just a suggestion.

Upvote 0

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I have been to conferences before and they gave canvas bags at registration. They work great for holding half dollars. Very strong.

MonDak

Jan 5, 2006
The last time I was at the bank, they asked me if I wanted a bag and gave me this one.

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 238
OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of regular canvas bags also and mainly use these. I have actually worn two out over the years as I keep a bunch of halves in my truck all the time since I spend them and keeping a couple hundred dollars worth of halves in my pockets aint a real good idea. The serrated edges eventually wear thru parts of the canvas cloth. I have also used my denim bags a couple of times when I go MD'ing since they seal and can keep all my finds from dropping out of the bag and scattering everywhere.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ask the bank for them. When I used to go bank to bank searching for halves and other coins a lot of the banks would give me a bag to take them home in. At one point I probably had 20 of these bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread