Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have only gotten one box of nickels with nothing yet. No buffs or war nickels at all. I got about 400 dollars to turn in and I am thinking about having my work place order me a couple of boxes. Was thinking about if I change my pickup spot I might have better luck with the nickels. I am aiming for about $20 face in coinage for 2013, hopefully in nickels.

Sincerely, Garoulady

CRH Rulz

Jul 17, 2012
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm at 3.5 oz for the year on a 50 oz goal. I think I still have a shot.

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My one year in CRHin is up on 04/19, trying to reach my goal of 150 oz. I'm at 124oz today so I think I have a pretty good shot of hitting it, except for the fact that my boxes haven't been too good this past month. Good luck to all with your goals!

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to a stellar first week I'm over 10% of the way to my goal.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not set a goal for CRH.
I CRH as a hobby and if I happen to run across some while searching all the better.

What CRH has done for me is to allow me to average my price per ounce of siver found @ face value vs what I have bought at the LCS.

Latest finds are 3 rosies a half set of state quarters, 2 sterling 4H pins and 3 war nickles
The rosies , pins and state quarters came from a house I bought the contents of for 200 bucks. I finished the book off by simply looking in my own change jug. The nickles came from a box I bought last time at the bank.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
At about 1.1 oz's for the year, I'm about one-tenth the way to my goal!
Kept my expectations low, so I won't let myself down.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im just over 3oz, hoping to reach 25 for the year.

Also want to get a teller tray find

And want to find a franklin or a walking liberty.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just started in Nov. and don't have an ounce amount as a goal, as I'm too new to set an amount (no history). But my main goal is to keep volume up to minimum 25 boxes of halves per week. I have so far except for last week, and am filling coin folders with near UNC of all years & mints for my kids. This year I filled one goal already as I found both 2012 halves. I have almost all years of the JFKs, but still need a 1970-D, 1984-D, 1987-P, 1995-D, and to upgrade a few years that have slight surface marks. I also need several more years of Bens, Walkers, specifically as goal a Walker older than '37.

The AG is for me for to save to pay for family extras, and last night had 3 good boxes & one that gave up a '37 Walker & 3 40%. The 3 good ones had 10x90%'s and 54x40%'s totaling 11.60 oz and with the other box 12.41 oz total for the night. Still have more to go through tonight.

This is only my second month of ordering boxes and I had a better month last month, but dumping is the challenge right now to keep my volume up to keep meeting that goal.

Last edited:

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a little of 10% of the way there on my half goal. I got a big teller tray find on 40%s the first week of the year, and I am keeping my goals modest. I haven't started on my dimes or nickels yet.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I have so far except for last week, and am filling coin folders with near UNC of all years & mints for my kids.

I do the same thing, but for state quarters. Halves I do have a book for, and just keep the best example of each date.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
My year end goal is

212 ozt of silver : I am 184.8353 ozt away

2 ozt of gold : 1.9708 ozt away, I would like to get 4 ozt total to make up for last year. To complete that I need 3.602 ozt more.

atom12

Greenie
Aug 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The_EE said:
My year end goal is

212 ozt of silver : I am 184.8353 ozt away

2 ozt of gold : 1.9708 ozt away, I would like to get 4 ozt total to make up for last year. To complete that I need 3.602 ozt more.

How many boxes did you search 15oz of silver?

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
How many boxes did you search 15oz of silver?

I started the year 22.9814 oz ahead, or ended last year 22.9814 oz higher than my goal. I have a 20 year goal for 4160 oz. 14 boxes of halves searched this year so far and have found 2.794 oz. Found 1 Rosie in 75ish rolls of dimes.

I have also stacked some from auctions as well.

I get my goal accomplished any way possible. Auctions, CRH, buying from coin stores, buying collections, metal detecting, hitting garage sales and maybe, just maybe this year I might go hit up a friends gold claim in Montana for vacation and mine me some gold.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal this year is 100 oz... I am nowhere close to that... here is whatI have:

0.8713 Oz

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any reason to set a goal because how much silver I find is probably only about 50% in my control, and 50% random luck. I can search more boxes and ask at more banks to find more silver, but that could still yield nothing which is out of my hands.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see any reason to set a goal because how much silver I find is probably only about 50% in my control, and 50% random luck. I can search more boxes and ask at more banks to find more silver, but that could still yield nothing which is out of my hands.

If I am finding very little silver, I will spend more at the coin store and auctions to make up the difference. Of course if I can get a good deal at an auction I will always take it regardless but if I am running short for that month and I can pick up say 20 quarters for $5.00 ea as a lot at an auction I will do so. If I am running 20 oz ahead like I am now, I will pass that up because that could be better spent at the next auction or something.

PM's are also primarily my retirement fund. They provide a better return for me than any stocks have done in the recent past.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far, I'm off to an okay start: 3 Bens, 8 90s, 13 40s (18 boxes); also got 1 Merc and 4 Roosies. 6.3 oz toward my goal of 75 for this year. Cutting my volume, so pretty good results.

Go get that silver, fellas!
BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread