Ordering Boxes

ninetwosix

Greenie
Dec 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For those who order boxes from the bank. Do you call them each week to order box(es)? Since most banks have two days in which the armored truck visits them, do you pick up boxes on both days? Do you order boxes of coin from multiple branches? For the most part, I've been driving around and buying boxes here and there but it seems some branches don't stock enough boxes to pass out but offered to order coins for me. I'm thinking about having two different branches order 4 boxes of coin twice a week. Think that might be overkill? I could care less if its costing the bank money, after all how much money do they make off of people.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

ninetwosix

Greenie
Dec 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just don't understand on how some people order 20/40 boxes a week, do you do this from one branch? Anyone care to explain?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I could care less if its costing the bank money, after all how much money do they make off of people.

Well, it matters more how much they make off of you, not so much other people. Slow and steady is the way to go, jumping right in and trying to get an order of 8 boxes a week will probably not last very long, as will just opening an account and keeping $50.00 in it as a balance and then going order or dump crazy. Most start out ordering maybe 2 boxes a week or every 2 weeks and work their way up from there. Talk to your bank about maybe ordering a couple of boxes a week and feel them out. You should have more than 1 bank ( not branches) to deal with so you don't dump back into your own system. I'm sure others will elaborate more on it for you. Maverick.

OP
OP
N

ninetwosix

Greenie
Dec 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I currently pickup a 1 bank and dump at another (different company). The gal at one of my pick up locations has no issues ordering boxes for me, as she asks me every time if I want to order any. I'm just wondering if its feasible to order 4 a week as opposed to 8 a week.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say if they are ok with it, then go ahead if you are comfortable too. I just worked one of my banks up to an 8 box order after about a year of ordering, but am now thinking it is just too much to make them deal with, I'll probably do it for 2 weeks and back it back down to just 6 boxes a week again, then maybe once in a while asked to add 2 more on to my weekly order. I don't want to be the guy that they start to hate seeing walking in the door with a 2 wheeler to pick up my big heavy order of boxes that they have to lift over the counter and hand me to me through their little glass door 1 at a time for me. Maverick.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When ordering 40 some boxes a week do you pick up all the Boxes per bank in 1 day, or do you go back more then once?

Also when dumping 40 boxes do you ever use the coin counter or are they all re-wrapped?

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly seems like you have to walk a fine line. I'm dealing with Wells Fargo, and they've been nothing but accommodating. It seems like they always have enough boxes for me anytime I walk in (minus halves), and I now have orders set up every Thursday (my first order ever is this week). I use US Bank as my dump bank, and they've been great as well. Based off of what a lot of you have said, I'm curious to see how that changes in the next month or so.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
When ordering 40 some boxes a week do you pick up all the Boxes per bank in 1 day, or do you go back more then once?

Also when dumping 40 boxes do you ever use the coin counter or are they all re-wrapped?

If you're asking me, I don't do 40 boxes a week, only 14-16.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a fine line, most banks will have no problem with Dimes Nicks Quarters and Cents because they usually have them on hand or always order them because they are commonly used. Halves allways seem to be the problem, nobody really likes dealing with them, the boxes are heavy for the lady tellers to deal with, younger ones don't really seem to mind too much, but I hate getting to counter and one of the older tellers has to help me, I feel bad becuase I know she can't lift the bags or boxes and then ends up getting someone else to help her either get my coins or take the ones I'm bringing in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread