Which rolls have potential AG

halfhunter

Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still new to the game, 4 months, and have only been checking bank wrapped halves. After I buy all that a bank has, they give me what appears to be mint rolled coins? I have opened maybe 50 rolls (no luck) and was wondering if they will contain silver or if the mint I assume they are coming from pulls it out? I see a lot of u guys order boxes that contain 40-90%ers. But are those different from mint wrapped rolls? Don't want to waste my time... Thanks for the help in advance

Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mint wrapped coins are unlikely. I think what you mean is MWRs or "Machine Wrapped Rolls" which are coins that are rolled via a coin sorting facility. When people pull the AG from those boxes, they are ordering those boxes from the bank, which gets those MWRs from armored carriers like Garda, Loomis, Brinks... Dimes, Nickels, Half dollars are all rolls you want to get. MWRs can contain silver coins, but 50 rolls is just a drop of water in the ocean for this game. The bigger your bank roll (money for CRHing), the more likely you are to make finds. Hope this helps HH!

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends what you mean by "mint wrapped" rolls.

If they say US Mint on them, they are usually marked with the year and mintmark, and have blue and white stripes they will be solid that year and mintmark. These sell for a premium online (unopened of course!). But naturally you won't find silver.

If you mean rolled coin that are either stamped "String and Son", a carrier's name (such as Brinks), or otherwise doesn't say US Mint on them. These are NOT Mint wrapped rolls, rather they are coins rolled by the coin carrier (Loomis, Brinks, etc.) or rarely the bank. These may contain silver.

50 rolls is a VERY small sample size when it comes to hunting halves. Several people have been skunked on tens of thousands of dollars worth. But the silver very well COULD be there unless your rolls say US Mint on there.

OP
OP
halfhunter

halfhunter

Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are MWRs the ones that have both ends crimped tightly and you are able two see most of the coin on each side?

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
So are MWRs the ones that have both ends crimped tightly and you are able two see most of the coin on each side?

Yes.

This is opposed to hand-wrapped rolls which just have the paper folded over on top of the coin.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...Dimes and Halves...

Huh, I thought it was Quarters and Cents. Ah, no wonder. HH, Maverick.

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will get silver eventually, but your time will be spent.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh, I thought it was Quarters and Cents. Ah, no wonder. HH, Maverick.

According to the guy at my work they minted silver cents. He's mistaking silver for steel but hey to each his own. Also I hevent seen a silver quarter in the wild ever. EVER!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading is fundamental. Please read the beginner's guide and answer a lot of your questions.
HH
enamel7

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Also halves and dimes.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
According to the guy at my work they minted silver cents. He's mistaking silver for steel but hey to each his own. Also I hevent seen a silver quarter in the wild ever. EVER!

Lol, Silver Cents, ya, I've only had one given to me from the wild, My freind Manages a Taco Hell and got one in one night and saved it for me, the only one he has ever recieved he said.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other

So, not the Saks and the SBAs then? I thought sure they'd outrule the Ikes. You know, luck be a lady and all that........

Rascal

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rascal said:
So, not the Saks and the SBAs then? I thought sure they'd outrule the Ikes. You know, luck be a lady and all that........

Rascal

If we're talking about which rolls have the AG then Sacajawea and SBA don't have AG. Some Ikes do but it's rare to find them.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technically, ANY roll has POTENTIAL for silver. Silver in a cent roll not too likely tho. :) Just buy them all & you'll never miss one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions