CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I stopped in to the bank and dropped off my halves and decided to get a box of nickels for a change. Buff drops out on my second roll, then a war nick followed by a V nick. Then I found this 59 that had great detail, so I decided to keep it for the heck of it because it has the closest thing to full steps I have seen on an older coin. Gotta love nickels. Nothing of real value today, but fun to search!

Now back to the halves. lol
IMG_6217.JPG IMG_6218.JPG IMG_6222.jpg IMG_6227.jpg IMG_6225.jpg

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool box, nice V.

If you keep your eyes open, you can find some real nice older nickels, I've pulled a couple older FS nickels. I'm working on a BU Dansco built from circulation, and it's complete from '54 and on. They're my favorite "other" denom.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. You hit for the cycle on a nickel box. Sweet! I agree that nicks are fun to search. I like the challenge of putting together a complete set of Jeffs. I still need a few more dates - including the 39d & 55. Got the 50-d tho. Nice finds!

OP
OP
CaliShawnNokc

CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome. I'm realizing that I save more nickels than almost any other coin (other than silver). Have no clue why though. I guess I like Nickels better than other coins. I'm going to get a big order of dimes after this box of halves that are due in tomorrow, even though I haven't had much luck with dimes.
I want to get a good collection of older coins going, but it's taking a bit longer than I was hoping.

OP
OP
CaliShawnNokc

CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I have to follow suit with you guys and get a nice cherry set of Jeffersons together! I have a roll of 09's and a almost finished roll of 08's and about 3 shy of a roll of proof's. I think i'm going the easy route. Do you guys buy the books for nickels or do you do sheets or boxes?

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Dansco. I have Dansco's for nearly every series I collect.

OP
OP
CaliShawnNokc

CaliShawnNokc

Dec 30, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
XP Deus w/9in coil
Whites MXT PRO w/DD 6x10
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice books!