for those who complain about dimes being counted as cents when dumping

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The only suggestion I have about that is having the teller check the cent bag and see if you can get your dimes rerun or handed back to you which has happened to me.

What I really want to post about is that today I dumped about $10 in cents and $100 in nickels and got two dimes in the reject dime. Both dimes showed up toward the end of my dump while doing the nickels. I would suggest if you are dumping a high volume of dimes to do it slowly and dump some nickels in after the dimes to help unclog anything that may have been stuck?

Upvote 0

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unclehuckelberry said:
What I really want to post about is that today I dumped about $10 in cents and $100 in nickels and got two dimes in the reject dime. Both dimes showed up toward the end of my dump while doing the nickels. I would suggest if you are dumping a high volume of dimes to do it slowly and dump some nickels in after the dimes to help unclog anything that may have been stuck?

I just lift the basket and look into the machine to make sure it's clear. I also run the machine again to make sure nothing is clanking around in there still. A couple of times when I had the receipt printed, and then ran the machine again, another $20 in dimes was counted that should have been on my original receipt.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a lot simpler than that for me. I just take my receipt to the teller, they know in advance I'm dumping dimes only. If the receipt shows dimes counted as cents, they reimburse my account. Of course, that won't work everywhere.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's nice of them! Wish it worked here. I've gotten all kinds of reasons why it's my fault and not the machine.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
What i do is seperate dimes from pennys. If you no you didnt dump any pennies and the ticket says 100 then you know there is a bunch of dimes in the penny bag. I once had 100.00 in dimes go in as pennies as soon as i realized I had the teller look and sure enough all the dimes where in the penny bag

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just miscounted by 13 dollars again today with dimes.. I think I am gonna cut my volume dime hunting big time.. With all these miscounts occurring it really isn't worth it.. I would say I have lost about $250 to miscounts in the past six months and even though I have spoken to a manager and promised that I will be reimbursed if there is an overage when there sheet comes back, I have never once received my money back.. Something crazy to think about is if there is this much mis counting going on how much money TD makes off of overages alone..

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't dump a lot of dimes, but when I use TD I seem to usually get a receipt for a little more $ than I dumped.

As for TD making $ off their machines, one teller told me they are supposed to bag up and send in all the foreign $ that is stuck to the magnet. Not sure if that's true or if she just didn't want to give it to me. After I asked for it, she took it off the magnet and took it to her teller station.

OP
OP
unclehuckelberry

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't dump a lot of dimes, but when I use TD I seem to usually get a receipt for a little more $ than I dumped.

As for TD making $ off their machines, one teller told me they are supposed to bag up and send in all the foreign $ that is stuck to the magnet. Not sure if that's true or if she just didn't want to give it to me. After I asked for it, she took it off the magnet and took it to her teller station.
http://www.td.com/about-tdbfg/our-business/index.jsp According to this they are a Canadian company so they probably ship all of the Canadian money they steal back to Canada.

When I fill up a bag at TD I usually pull out the metal tray before the teller even leaves the desk and I try to grab a handful of the foreign coins. I've had some tellers tell me they have to take it and some just pull it off and give it to me. Honestly it does not belong to the bank, it belongs to whoever placed it in there, so it should come out the reject tube.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont understand why all complain. When i dump at TD bank, i usually end up gaining money because of the 260$ i dump, it counts 263-265$. (its a newer machine.) plus all the fun foreign coins stuck in the tube that is reach in and get. heeeheee

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D1MES_101 said:
I dont understand why all complain. When i dump at TD bank, i usually end up gaining money because of the 260$ i dump, it counts 263-265$. (its a newer machine.) plus all the fun foreign coins stuck in the tube that is reach in and get. heeeheee

We complain because we lose money.. You
May not but I am probably dumping way more dime than you are

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
^ True but im dumping low volume so i dont upset my dump banks - im also spreading my dumps

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here my tale of woe concerning dimes. I dumped a bag ($1,000.00) today. I had picked it up at a different branch. I pulled 3 silvers and 2 Canadian dimes from the bag. I expected a deposit of 999.50. Instead I got 984.00. when this bin gets picked up, the manager will ask for an accounting between Brinks and the accounting department to determine how much the machine is off. Ought to be interesting

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Here my tale of woe concerning dimes. I dumped a bag ($1,000.00) today. I had picked it up at a different branch. I pulled 3 silvers and 2 Canadian dimes from the bag. I expected a deposit of 999.50. Instead I got 984.00. when this bin gets picked up, the manager will ask for an accounting between Brinks and the accounting department to determine how much the machine is off. Ought to be interesting
Hopefully it will balance, good luck to you.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully it will balance, good luck to you.

I'm sure it will, but if not I still won't complain too much. I've had exclusive access to bags coming off of the coin counters at 5 branches for several years and I am WAY AHEAD of this setback:)

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waseeker said:

Hopefully you have better luck than I do, because I have not once received the money back... Granted these are banks I do not frequent much, but I know buff had a miscount over $200 I believe and he never received any money back either.. Good luck

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem when I'm dumping dimes is that I don't know how much was going in. With so many cwr rolls, I'll bet a large percentage of them rolls are miscounted unintentionally by a dime here & there when picked up from the bank.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hokielegend said:
The problem when I'm dumping dimes is that I don't know how much was going in. With so many cwr rolls, I'll bet a large percentage of them rolls are miscounted unintentionally by a dime here & there when picked up from the bank.

I could definitely see that. I always know what I am putting in.. I dump $750 at each bank, that way they normally only have to Change the bag once..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread