Just ordered a bag of Ikes

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me a while to find a bank that was not only capable of ordering them, but willing to order them. They should arrive either next Friday or the Tuesday after that, they'll call me when they come in. Not giving up the name of the bank nor the company that is delivering them, sorry! I'll post results (and photos) in this thread when I get the bag. It should be $1000.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck. hopefully the teller wasn't mistaken and ordered a box of presidential dollar coins(that is a $1000 box)

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck. hopefully the teller wasn't mistaken and ordered a box of presidential dollar coins(that is a $1000 box)

She said they'll place their order, then call/email the courier and specify they want the $1000 to be delivered as Ikes. She did it once before, about 7 years ago, for a gentleman who ran a coin store in the area, she told me.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you hoping for peace and Morgan's maybe? Or are ya gonna turn em on eBay? I just sold 100 on there

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you hoping for peace and Morgan's maybe? Or are ya gonna turn em on eBay? I just sold 100 on there

Any silver, proofs, '71-D FEVs, '72 T2s '73s, and '76 T1s will be kept and I'll probably just dump the rest on a PNC somewhere lol. Ebay takes too much time to turn them around and too much in fees.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a bank say that, then it didn't work out. Now I have a branch that is doing that for me, but it should only be about $200 - $250 per week. But if I can get that each week then I should find some good ones. This Friday should be the first shipment.

Hope it works out for you, and you get some good ones!!

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a bank say that, then it didn't work out. Now I have a branch that is doing that for me, but it should only be about $200 - $250 per week. But if I can get that each week then I should find some good ones. This Friday should be the first shipment.

Hope it works out for you, and you get some good ones!!
I have had many banks say the same thing, but this seems legit, I talked to the armored company first, they confirmed they have plenty and can get plenty more from the fed, and I should be able to order to my hearts content from any bank that is willing.
Good luck! I actually like searching Ikes. Some pretty good varieties to look for.

HH
Concurred, ikes are my favorite denomination to search. Even more so than halves, thanks to the rare and elusive Morgan or Peace that slips in.
I sold 200 ikea for $250 on craigslist last week!
Wow, nice, they don't go for jack on CL around here, I have listed lots anywhere from 100 to 1000 coins with no luck except people emailing me to tell me to just cash them in at the bank, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
bigscores said:
Concurred, ikes are my favorite denomination to search. Even more so than halves, thanks to the rare and elusive Morgan or Peace that slips in.

I scored a couple of Peace dollars from a teller tray in Nov. Love those. Hope you get some with this latest opportunity.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously jealous. I have a friend that works for Chase and she said there was no way to specify Ike's. good work. I pull in about 1 Ike a month. :-(

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The_EE said:
What did you get for the 100?

I have 93 or so sitting here, I was going to put them out at auction in town and hope they bring $2-$3 ea like I have seen them do before.

I would try the local auction.. My ebay auction closed at 132.50

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find Ikes all the time around here, I've probably found 50-60 this week, granted that's above average, but still... I'm just looking forward to some that have probably not been searched. At least not by me. :)

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been meaning to ask more banks about this. I asked a bunch a month ago and all said no. I would probably start doing a lot of Ikes just to sell on eBay since I listed 110 once and someone paid $1.50 each (I made about $0.30 each after shipping and fees), but I don't have a way to order them.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm waiting on what would be my 3rd bag since starting CRH'ing. It may take a month for them to come in but they can do it. I just keep forgetting to ask.

Rascal

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that have gotten bags of Ikes before, what has been your results? Just curious if it would be worth the effort to try to get a bank to order some for me.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find Ikes all the time around here, I've probably found 50-60 this week, granted that's above average, but still... I'm just looking forward to some that have probably not been searched. At least not by me. :)
You must work in gardas rolling room.Just kidding . . I have done many bags of 100 and not found 1 silver??

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread