Empty Dime Boxes?

Southpaw

Aug 26, 2012
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I like to pick up a lot of CWR dimes whenever I go to a bank I am not a member at. The problem is that I dump them all at a bank that doesn't have a coin counter. So I feel like an @$$ holding up the line so the teller can count the number of dime rolls I have. Is there a way I can get empty dime boxes so she just has to take a peek to see if all of the dimes are there?

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most banks i frequent will never check the rolls, but if you don't have the option of checking more banks to see which one fits the hobby better for you, than you will just have to settle and deal with it.. Don't stress too much though.. Eventually you will build up a relationship and she will begin trusting you. just be polite an understanding..

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I do about $500 in dimes spread out throughout the week and always re-roll. I bundle them in groups of 10 rolls with a rubber band, so $50 per bundle. The tellers seem to like this as it's simple to count and I'm in and out of the bank in a matter of a minute or two (depending on the line ahead of me).

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
because I search a mix of cust rolled and maching rolled, I save the dime boxes (I run the loose dimes thru a counter), and then,
stuff 50 re-rolled into the empty dime box, and return them over the counter, to a different bank.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Aug 26, 2012
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
bblair said:
I do about $500 in dimes spread out throughout the week and always re-roll. I bundle them in groups of 10 rolls with a rubber band, so $50 per bundle. The tellers seem to like this as it's simple to count and I'm in and out of the bank in a matter of a minute or two (depending on the line ahead of me).

I like this idea. I might steal it from you if you don't mind. I also may ask any banks I go into if they have any empty ones lying around. I bet they wouldn't mind giving up boxes.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I like this idea. I might steal it from you if you don't mind. I also may ask any banks I go into if they have any empty ones lying around. I bet they wouldn't mind giving up boxes.

I'm sure if you ask at one of your banks, they will give you a couple of empty boxes from when they fill their trays. HH, Maverick.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
just ask the teller when they are not as busy? like 30 min before closing?

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They usually have empty boxes, just ask nicely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions